Sold my Dwarf Hotots this morning happy but sad

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollysrabbits

Reaction score
Sold my dwarf hotots this morning, the pair are going to a good home, and I hope they do well with them. I know they got a great deal, sold them an unrelated pair, breeding age,between the 2 rabbits there are 12 Grand Champions in the last 3 generations.I included the nestbox, feed, and 2 copies of each pedigree all for $120.00 plus my pop's was gonna be about 20 minutes from their house today and offered to drive it down. they live more than 2 hours away. the mother contacted me and said she needed a smaller rabbit for her 6yr old child in 4H because the NZ she purchased was too big :shock: LOL. anywho I am just a little down because it was a project that just never worked out for me or my wife, for some reason those rabbits just never clicked with us. :? but at least now I have more time to devote to my Americans!!!! :D

Sometimes it happens. I got some NZ and Rex crosses to make mutts with and felt good about it at the time...but they never really fit or worked out for me. In the end I feel happier for changing the direction and focus of my rabbitry. :)

Best of luck with your Americans!!! :) They look like such a nice, solid breed.

yes I seem to do much better with my 4 meat breeds! Can't wait to finish it up about to hit a huge milestone, 1 more generation and I will have pedigreed californians and rex. Woohoo!

jollysrabbits":1lqaozj1 said:
yes I seem to do much better with my 4 meat breeds! Can't wait to finish it up about to hit a huge milestone, 1 more generation and I will have pedigreed californians and rex. Woohoo!

VERY awesome!!! That IS a milestone...won't it feel awesome to have homebreds with your name on the pedigree? It's something I'm still waiting for, LOL. ;)

Congrats!!!

YEP I got 2 separate lines with things that were really important to me, it feels good, I literally "built" my rabbits and I feel like they are only gonna get better(at least I hope). Very exciting.

Latest posts

Back