So, Meet my kids

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skyrocket":264dlibj said:
We're having pups Spayed and Neutered before we place them in homes

Please don't do that. Spaying and neutering before dogs reach sexual maturity causes all sorts of metabolic and endocrine issues- this is now well documented because so many shelters and rescues have been doing so for a number of years.

Here is an enlightening article on the subject (the text of a video), by a veterinarian that saw the repercussions in her own practice:

http://mercola.fileburst.com/PDF/Health ... tering.pdf

You might consider requiring a "deposit" on the pups that will be refunded once they are neutered instead.

MamaSheepdog":2tjn0cho said:
Skyrocket":2tjn0cho said:
We're having pups Spayed and Neutered before we place them in homes

Please don't do that. Spaying and neutering before dogs reach sexual maturity causes all sorts of metabolic and endocrine issues- this is now well documented because so many shelters and rescues have been doing so for a number of years.

Here is an enlightening article on the subject (the text of a video), by a veterinarian that saw the repercussions in her own practice:

http://mercola.fileburst.com/PDF/Health ... tering.pdf

You might consider requiring a "deposit" on the pups that will be refunded once they are neutered instead.

Huh, yeah I usually don't with my personal dogs, I allow them until two years to have they're bits.
A friend runs a rescue and knows a clinic that spays and neuters pups for free, that's the only reason I even had it in mind.
Cool I'll give it a go.

Love the pic of the spider...I should try to get some of mine...but I can't >.> I'm terrified of spiders. My roommate knows this and told my neighbor...and they conspired to bring me the next one they found. >.> neighbor did landscaping so it was bring it to me or risk it get eaten by a lawnmower >.> So I now have my Rosey..(cause I thought if I gave it a cute name I wouldn't be as scared) and thanks to watching her (she begs I swear she is a glutton) I so want more...I have been told I can't have any more if I'm still to scared to touch the one I have o.o

I used to have rats...I miss them..cute sweet little garbage disposals that they are...but my roommate is horribly allergic. I had nearly 100 at one point thanks to my main boy learning how to open cage doors o_O so glad only one of my rabbits has been that smart so far o.o

Sinnfox":365x927h said:
Love the pic of the spider...I should try to get some of mine...but I can't >.> I'm terrified of spiders. My roommate knows this and told my neighbor...and they conspired to bring me the next one they found. >.> neighbor did landscaping so it was bring it to me or risk it get eaten by a lawnmower >.> So I now have my Rosey..(cause I thought if I gave it a cute name I wouldn't be as scared) and thanks to watching her (she begs I swear she is a glutton) I so want more...I have been told I can't have any more if I'm still to scared to touch the one I have o.o

I used to have rats...I miss them..cute sweet little garbage disposals that they are...but my roommate is horribly allergic. I had nearly 100 at one point thanks to my main boy learning how to open cage doors o_O so glad only one of my rabbits has been that smart so far o.o

:rotfl: Is Rosey a rose hair? :lol: Shelob is adorable, begs for attention at the glass sometimes....or she wants to eat me. I can't decide if I'm fearful or not.

I had 200+ rats at one point, but they were feeders. The colony wiped when I was nice enough to rescue a handful, despite quarantine. After Poseidon passed away I got another rat I named Garbanzo. I loved him but something clicked in his head one day and the aggression came out full force. ): We had to cull him, If I get another rat it will be hairless like my Po was. they're so fantastic. :)

Latest posts

Back