So if I end up getting this doe..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireclaws bunnbutts

Reaction score
So, in my rampant impatience to get another doe rabbit and no luck finding any local Holland breeders which didn't want an arm and a leg and a nose and a butt for their bunnles. I began to whine and complain on Facebook xD (not really) but was messaged by an old friend of mine whom I haven't talked to for a while and she told me that she has a bunny she's looking to rehome (typical got a couple rabbits for her kids, kids were interested for a while, then found something more interesting (AKA a kitten) situation)

Anyhoo, the babbits name is Sweetie Bell, she's about 2 years old and has apparently had two or three "accidental" litters when they had another rabbit as well which was supposed to have been a female too. Don't ask, I didn't. :shock:

But she did say that Sweetie Bell is a pretty good mom. :?

So my questions are as follows:

1. Should I go for it ? I am not breeding for show and so am not too terribly worried about having mixed breed bunnies. I have such a long back-list of people wanting baby rabbits from me, it'll take me til next year to catch up lol.

2. Without knowing her genetic backround, what are the possible colors I'd get in breeding her to my Harlequin Holland buck?

qV4henh.jpg

Picture is not the greatest but she looks to be a broken fawn which when crossed to a harlequin will produce more harlequins and broken harlequins (AKA tri colours) and possibly fawn and broken fawn (and others if they carry similar recessive genes on the other colour loci)

She has an odd darker area of fur on her back and might be a Vienna marked or Dutch marked harlequin instead :shrug:

I don't see "Netherland" in her at all and you might want to pass if she is over 5 pounds - most pet buyers want bunnies under this size and some think 3 pounds is too big :cry:

Back