so I have a plan to deal with a lazy buck

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinnfox

Reaction score
To be fair my buck is 3 years old...and there is a good chance for at least one of those years he was treated very badly (now I have him and he is doing much better) He was underweight, bad fur and just looked like he was 12 or 13 years old instead of three...so I figure due to what he hen through his physical age is closer to five maybe six or even seven. knowing this I don't hold it against him when he acts like a very old bunny, since he still tries to do his job. (he will be retired soon due to all of the above unless/until he perks up a lot) He is much better looking now, has gained weight and he is soft and shiny again like he should be so i have been trying to get him to do his job. I grab the girl set her on a table (since if I put her in with him they just lay beside each other and go to sleep (buck even snores just to prove a point >.<) well i pull him out after I have her out and set him on top of her...since if i don't he pretends he can't see her o_O? Well once he is set there he tries for all of three and a half seconds then stops looks at me with what i know is a fake exhausted look with eyes that seem to be pleading that he can be done now. He won't have even come near succeeding. i know the exhaustion is fake since as soon as i move the doe he starts hopping around exploring and demanding I give him attentions and pets.

Well I came up with a plan to if i can fix this problem. I plan to trick him :twisted: I am going to try giving him a bit of banana (since it is like a bunny five hour energy) wait a minute then put him with a doe. I figure maybe if he is so pumped full of extra energy he will want to use it in a more productive way?...or he will realize that doing what I want will get him more banana and he will do hid duty to earn more.

Chance he will be his same lazy self but it's worth a shot don't you think?

wait a minute then put him with a doe.

Always bring the Doe to the Buck!
Perhaps your Buck is not too well fed,
maybe a bit on the "overstuffed side".
Try a bit of rolled oats,grass-hay and a touch of sweet-feed.
Perhaps it will stimulate him.
Ottersatin. :eek:ldtimer:

ottersatin":2dvlqfsk said:
wait a minute then put him with a doe.

Always bring the Doe to the Buck!
Perhaps your Buck is not too well fed,
maybe a bit on the "overstuffed side".
Try a bit of rolled oats,grass-hay and a touch of sweet-feed.
Perhaps it will stimulate him.

Sorry I wasn't clear...I do bring the doe to the buck..he ignores her in his cage and so I have been trying table breeding them...what I meant by put him with her is on the table I pin her so she doesn't run off and then point his face toward her instead of whatever he happens to be looking at instead of her (or set him on top of her if he still tries ignoring her)..He has only recently reached a proper weight..might actually still be a little underweight but I didn't want to risk his health by over feeding him to make his weight gain faster so his weight has gotten back up to normal slowly. That's why I wonder if he just doesn't have quite enough energy yet.<br /><br />__________ Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:37 am __________<br /><br />have to wait till tomorrow to find out anyway since that's when I get to go for bananas :p

Try bringing the Doe to the Buck
for up to four days in a Row,
within that time frame they should breed.
Do not leave the Doe with the buck
for more than five or ten minutes,
if nothing is happening by then remove
her and try again next day.
Watch the entire time so you do not miss
the action! It can happen even as you blink yor eyes.

didnt manage to get the banana today..but my silly buck was making a nest earlier o_O I guess since the doe got on him out of frustration he thinks he is expecting now? (yes I'm 100% positive he is a buck) ...had a mouth full of hay and some fur he pulled o_O it hadn't even been twenty four hours

I have a buck that is so gently he cant get the job done either :roll: MOST frustrating!

I can't stop laughing that is to to funny :lol:
Sinnfox":3nxzmu61 said:
didnt manage to get the banana today..but my silly buck was making a nest earlier o_O I guess since the doe got on him out of frustration he thinks he is expecting now? (yes I'm 100% positive he is a buck) ...had a mouth full of hay and some fur he pulled o_O it hadn't even been twenty four hours

Latest posts

Back