*Sigh* it appears as though I'm located in a "Rabbit desert"

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireclaws bunnbutts

Reaction score
What I mean by that is, rabbits are so darn hard to find around here! :missing:

Anyone who does have rabbits is either too far away or only has big meat breeds :cry:

So I've been on a mission to get a second doe for a few months now and I *was* going to get a doe from the same breeder I got my current two rabbits from, however, she no longer breeds Holland lops. So I talked to another girl who used to have Holland lops and *she* doesn't breed them anymore either! :eek:verreaction:

So I'm literally stuck between a rock and a hard place, as I really only have a few options. Either wait and wait until something comes along, keep a female baby from my litters or get another breed and so far, getting another breed and just mucking around with mutts is seeming like the better option. However, I wanted to make tricolor bunnies, so I'd have to find the right color to breed to Hoodie, who is Harlequin :hang:

So I dunno what to do :cry: I've gotten in touch with someone who'll have bunnies at this festival thing I'm going to here in town in September, but I dunno. If I gotta go for another breed and breed mutts, since I am just breeding for pets and funsies anyway, I'm gonna be pretty particular about what I get. Maybe I can snag me one with vienna or dutch markings and then at least have some neat looking babies :popcorn:

I had this problem when I bred fancy mice lol. I was hoping rabbits would be more plentiful :bunnyhop:

Not sure if this helps, but I know a breeder in Middlesboro, Kentucky. PM me if interested.

Any shows in your area? If you do facebook, there are a lot of rabbit groups you can get involved with and sometimes members offer transport to various locations.

Back