Show tonight.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastfling

Reaction score
I told myself last year, I wasn't doing it again because of the heat, but here it is a year later..... carriers are prepped, car is gassed up, am going to put a box fan and extension cord in the car right now (I just remembered!!), and all that's left is me, the rabbits and about an hour or so road trip. The show starts at 7pm and if I remember correctly, didn't get out last year til midnight or so. Luckily it's been cloudy today, but the humidity is thick. An air conditioned facility would be nice, but, not the case...and once the sun goes down it does get better as long as there's some air flow. Who, says we're not a little touched in the head... :lol:

Yep, lights went out during the "B" show for about 15 minutes. Of course my breed was on the table. :lol: A bright LED flashlight kept the show on the the road though, until the regular lights came back. At least at our table.

This July was a heck of a lot better weather wise than last year. While humid, the heat was moderate with clouds and some rain later in the evening. With a fan it was tolerable for both rabbits and myself.

I didn't do to bad all things considered. BOB was taken by a good friend of mine in both shows, with a couple real slick jr does. I did manage BOSB in the A show with a black sr buck. Also in A I had BOV in Blue, BOV & BOSV in Chocolate and the BOSV with my black buck who also took BOSB. In B I had a BOV again in Blue, a BOSV in Chocolate and a BOSV in black. All in all not a bad outing for a bunch of seniors. It seems this time of year whether through poor planning on my part, or what, that I start running low on showable rabbits. The juniors/srs that were tearing it up in the Spring and early summer are starting to get a little "long in the tooth" so to speak and are starting to give way to the juniors of others. They (the others) are glad though, as they getting a little tired of me walking away with all the winnings. :roll: I must admit though, I had an exceptional crowd of juniors this past winter/spring and have managed to grand all of them. Now if the weather would allow, I want to breed several, but will probably wait til fall or close to avoid stressing with the heat.

We had 18 rabbits in the breed, of which I brought 8, so, we should get a few legs on some of the colors. Normally, we'll try and let each other know what we're bringing so we can get the numbers for a leg in some of the colors. The dilutes can be tuff at times though. I've got a blue doe that has won BOB (once) BOV or BOSV 9 times, 11 counting this show, but I've only gotten 4 legs on her either because the number of rabbits or breeder weren't there. In this case we had the 3 breeders, but only 4 rabbits. Lilacs can be even tougher.

The Greater Applachian Alliance put on a great show. I was amazed at the number of Silver Fox there. There were 28, which was one of the higher breed numbers there.

I was out the door and on the way home at midnight and had a text from my friend who's doe I mentioned above also won RIS that was time stamped at 12:44AM.

Lastfling":30tobwys said:
Yep, lights went out during the "B" show for about 15 minutes. Of course my breed was on the table. :lol: A bright LED flashlight kept the show on the the road though, until the regular lights came back. At least at our table.

This July was a heck of a lot better weather wise than last year. While humid, the heat was moderate with clouds and some rain later in the evening. With a fan it was tolerable for both rabbits and myself.

I didn't do to bad all things considered. BOB was taken by a good friend of mine in both shows, with a couple real slick jr does. I did manage BOSB in the A show with a black sr buck. Also in A I had BOV in Blue, BOV & BOSV in Chocolate and the BOSV with my black buck who also took BOSB. In B I had a BOV again in Blue, a BOSV in Chocolate and a BOSV in black. All in all not a bad outing for a bunch of seniors. It seems this time of year whether through poor planning on my part, or what, that I start running low on showable rabbits. The juniors/srs that were tearing it up in the Spring and early summer are starting to get a little "long in the tooth" so to speak and are starting to give way to the juniors of others. They (the others) are glad though, as they getting a little tired of me walking away with all the winnings. :roll: I must admit though, I had an exceptional crowd of juniors this past winter/spring and have managed to grand all of them. Now if the weather would allow, I want to breed several, but will probably wait til fall or close to avoid stressing with the heat.

We had 18 rabbits in the breed, of which I brought 8, so, we should get a few legs on some of the colors. Normally, we'll try and let each other know what we're bringing so we can get the numbers for a leg in some of the colors. The dilutes can be tuff at times though. I've got a blue doe that has won BOB (once) BOV or BOSV 9 times, 11 counting this show, but I've only gotten 4 legs on her either because the number of rabbits or breeder weren't there. In this case we had the 3 breeders, but only 4 rabbits. Lilacs can be even tougher.

The Greater Applachian Alliance put on a great show. I was amazed at the number of Silver Fox there. There were 28, which was one of the higher breed numbers there.

I was out the door and on the way home at midnight and had a text from my friend who's doe I mentioned above also won RIS that was time stamped at 12:44AM.

Umm...Appalachians? Where was this show? I live in dem dar mountains and I had not heard of this show.

Latest posts

Back