Should I be worried

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
I have a young buck about 12 weeks old I want to keep cause he is SO docile & tame. He is fine except when he looks straight up. Then he falls backward like he died! TIMBER!!!!! Like a log. Boom. & then he lays there on his back all 4 legs in the air like a cartoon rabbit in rigor! When you put him on his back in your lap he goes into a trance very quickly but he NEVER fights you. You can dress him in baby clothes & he just sits there. Right now he is hauling butt on the pool deck but if I went out there he would just sit there. No head tilt. No staring at the stars. Just does this if he look straight up like he is putting himself in a trance. Totally normal otherwise. & a pretty awesome dude. Will try to get a pic of his rigor pose LOL! Or video!

He sounds like those "Fainting Goats" lol They have a neuro-muscular condition that they inherit.It doesn't affect them healthwise just that they get stiff and fall over if they get excited or something...

How cute/weird is that?! I'm with the others on this one though... it seems neurological. If he seems fine otherwise, I wouldn't worry too much.

You know, I saw quite a few rabbits doing that at Convention! My daughter and I got a chuckle out of it, we only saw the Holland Lops doing it but there were quite a few doing the exact same thing.

Latest posts

Back