She might be a street walker

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gearmpr

Reaction score
So I have a rabbit that I rescued from a bad environment, crammed and mixed sexes. I went to breed her with my buck buy before I put her in there I checked her out and noticed she has a big ol pimple by her vent, not sure what it means so I've kept her quarantined and (thinking it might be bunny sypholis) have been giving her a little penicillin, but so far there hasn't been any differences in condition. Any ideas? I'll post pics if necessary, it's a headache to post them here lol

Any scabs near her vent or on her nose?

Since you've started penicillin treatment, I'd go ahead and finish the course. If it doesn't improve, I'd guess it wasn't vent disease.

Hopefully, someone more helpful will pipe up. :)

Could just be a pimple, I guess. :shrug:

I'd finish the treatment, though. Be on the lookout for reduced appetite. If you have some probiotics, that would help. :)

There is no wrong answer. You need to take an objective look at her and what she offers you.

Is she exceptional in some way -- exactly the right type you're looking for, color, sweet disposition, etc?

If so, you decide whether her potential offspring is worth chancing that the pimple is something communicable.

If not, well, you saved her from bad circumstances and have given her relief. That doesn't mean you have to keep her, and it doesn't mean you can't send her to freezer camp.

Latest posts

Back