Scored!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastfling

Reaction score
Went to Lowe's the other day to see if the ceramic tile was reasonably priced. Some of my wooden resting boards were getting a little grungy due to rabbits with poor housekeeping habits (even with regular cleaning). Some will keep thier's as clean as the day it was placed, while others prefer to poop and sit in it. I think it may be an inherited trait, as all the clean ones are from the same doe. But anyway, with hot weather not waiting til summer, I've read that tile can be placed in the freezer and provided to rabbits as a cooling aide also, so intended to give it a try. I saw a sign on a small table in the tile section saying 75 percent discount and it held 2 boxes of 12x12 tiles. I asked a sales attendent the price of the box :? and after helping him with the mathematical challenge of calculating the 75 percent discount wound up with 15 12x12 tiles at 10 cent apiece. I cut them in half once I got home and had a final result of 30 6x12" new resting boards at a total cost of $1.50. Love it when a plan comes together :D<br /><br />__________ Wed May 02, 2012 8:29 pm __________<br /><br />

That's awesome, and what a great idea!! SCORE!!! :D

Lastfling":2vyvjv6q said:
Went to Lowe's the other day to see if the ceramic tile was reasonably priced. Some of my wooden resting boards were getting a little grungy due to rabbits with poor housekeeping habits (even with regular cleaning). Some will keep thier's as clean as the day it was placed, while others prefer to poop and sit in it. I think it may be an inherited trait, as all the clean ones are from the same doe. But anyway, with hot weather not waiting til summer, I've read that tile can be placed in the freezer and provided to rabbits as a cooling aide also, so intended to give it a try. I saw a sign on a small table in the tile section saying 75 percent discount and it held 2 boxes of 12x12 tiles. I asked a sales attendent the price of the box :? and after helping him with the mathematical challenge of calculating the 75 percent discount wound up with 15 12x12 tiles at 10 cent apiece. I cut them in half once I got home and had a final result of 30 6x12" new resting boards at a total cost of $1.50. Love it when a plan comes together :D

__________ Wed May 02, 2012 8:29 pm __________

i love a good bargain.

Wow! What a deal! Great idea, too- I can fit a lot more tiles in the freezer than 2 liter bottles!

They don't stay cool for a long time, but the rabbits appreciate it and they can be traded out with ease. In addition being ceramic, they tend to stay cooler than a comparable wood or plastic board. Another plus is, is that they are one heck of a lot easier to clean than a wood board.

Latest posts

Back