scales?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seagullplayer

Reaction score
What type scale are you all using to weigh your rabbits?

Where did you get it?

Guy forgets his wedding anniversary. His wife is pretty upset and tells him in no uncertain terms that when he gets home she better have something setting in the driveway that will go 0-60 in under six seconds!

Husband walks in the door to his waiting wife, and points out front.
Sure enough there is a nicely wrapped box setting in the drive. She rushes out to open it expecting to find a set of keys! Inside she finds a brand new bathroom scale... :lol:

I use a small hanging scale that I got on-line.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0012T9QNA/

It cost less than #20.
I have a mesh bin [that's supposed to sit on a desk and hold papers so it's about the size of a legal pad of paper with 3" sides] hanging off of it with baling twine. It's hanging down by twine from the roof in front of one of the cages and when I'm not using it I just lift it up and set it on top of the cage out of the way.
It weighs in either lbs or kg. The only thing that I have to do is figure out the ounces since it weighs in tenths of a pound. So I multiply the tenths by .16 and round to get the amount I enter in my records.

I think mine is a scale specifically for weighing rabbits. I bought it off of Craig'slist for $20.

It has a wire basket suspended from the scale. I would love to get a digital one, though. I also have small kitchen scales to use for individual kits- they have readings in grams as well as ounces.

I have two, a small digital kitchen scale for kits and a larger, dial face scale that I use with a container for the adults and grow outs.

Hey, Sis-

look at the time of the edit to my post, and the content, and compare to your post.

Do we share a brain as well? :shock:

MamaSheepdog":2xbwr78i said:
Hey, Sis-

look at what the time of the edit to my post, and the content, and compare to your post.

Do we share a brain as well? :shock:

That is just chock full of "creepy purpose"... LOL I just HAD to use that phrase! But yes, we share a brain....and it is my turn so hand it over because I have a meeting in ten minutes! :mrgreen:

Only if you'll trade me the digital scale for one of my "old fashioned" kitchen scales!

<Sigh> Okay... you take the brain for a bit- you don't want to botch your meeting...

Iuse a fishing scale-- hang a bucket on the hook, and put the rabbit in that-- digital, pounds and kg, and yes, must convert form 0.1 pound to ounce--

MamaSheepdog":h86qq5c9 said:
Only if you'll trade me the digital scale for one of my "old fashioned" kitchen scales!

<Sigh> Okay... you take the brain for a bit- you don't want to botch your meeting...

Hey, sorry! Forgot to give back the brain! Tag...you are it!hehehehe

I would like to get one of those hanging type scales that you see in the produce section at the grocery store....*sigh*

OneAcreFarm":1dq3nfrz said:
Hey, sorry! Forgot to give back the brain! Tag...you are it!hehehehe

Hey, yeah! No hogging the brain! There are only so many cells to go around. :eek: I was wondering why I've been so scattered today... :?

breach.jpg

If you search ebay for digital fish scales...they're about 10-15 and work well too. I got a luggage scale at walmart for 3.00 and use a hanging basket with it now. I did have a digi scale I'd orded from ebay for 15.00 usd that weighed up to 35lbs, but it accidently got knocked off onto the cement walk way from the porch or I wouldn't have replaced it with the luggage scale.

I have an old Health-O-Meter pediatric beam scale. I got it at a thrift store, but still paid $40 for it. I think it was worth it, though, because it is very accurate, easy to adjust for accuracy, easy to tare, and doesn't require batteries.

When Shay brought home his refrigerant scale once, we tested this old pediatric scale against it. The refrigerant scale has to be extremely accurate. We weighed the same item on both scales, and were amazed... it required long division into several decimal places to get the numbers to diverge! :cool:

We use this scale for eBay very, very often... and it's perfect for bunnies, too! :D

I am going to watch the thrift store's and flee markets. I like the fish scale idea.

The flee market has some small digital scales, but they appear to be more designed for the illegal drug trade, rather than rabbit farming! :lol:

Back