Rough week, but..

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeannie

Reaction score
Well, it has been a hard week here:

~Lost 6 chickens to two dogs, we thankfully caught them in the act and stopped the carnage
only got 1/3 of my flock

~Lost one rabbit to theft, and know who took her, but can't make them see that the rabbit will die without her regular diet
have a sign outside telling them it's okay, but to come speak to me so the rabbit doesn't die

~Have misplaced my "reserved" list and who is coming to "choose" their rabbit list
gawd, I have over 10 rabbits reserved and 4 people who are supposed to come over

~My daughters boyfriend was in a rollover (picture posted), but thankfully he walked away (miracles still exist)
she should have been in the vehicle, but "had a feeling" not to go

Upside: my hubby is finishing the rabbit hutch made from an old swing set ~~ will post pictures when done

Attachments

• accident.jpg
    accident.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 604
Wow..That is a really rough week..Thank God that your daughter listened to her feeling..the passenger side looks pretty badly crushed.. :x :x
You'll get the other stuff figured out..

katiebear":2pt6tzvn said:
Wow..That is a really rough week..Thank God that your daughter listened to her feeling..the passenger side looks pretty badly crushed.. :x :x

Her boyfriend was in the passenger side.. he is 6' 7 ... he has seat beat bruises ~~ so, that was his lucky day!
I thought seat beats held you in place... if that were so, then he would have never had made it. Weird.

Another guy was driving and his wrists were fractured because he was holding onto the steering wheel.
The trucker beside them saw the blow out, so there were people there immediately.
Funny thing, their cell phones were found undamaged and intact right after.. they called to say that all was okay (so to speak).

Like you said: all the rest will fall into place... as soon as I find my mind ;)

you lost a rabbit to theft? and know who did it? what's stopping you from calling the cops?

Wow. I'm so glad he's okay! And that your daughter listened to that feeling.

That has been a rough week. :( Sorry about your chickens... and the rabbit... and I sure hope you find your list soon!

Whoa. This is going to be a weird take on the situation... but thank heavens you had those minor bad luck incidents leading up to the crash... imagine if all that bad mojo was concentrated in one incident. :x

(((Hugs))) to you and your family. Hope the rest of the year is smooth sailing for you. :clover:

Celice":2lm09dgi said:
you lost a rabbit to theft? and know who did it? what's stopping you from calling the cops?

Well:
1) I can't prove it without a search warrent,... it must be inside the home because I don't see a hutch outside...
2) They are in our "little" neighborhood and I hate to make "accusations" without proof

I did think about calling the sheriff, as I have about $400 tied up in that doe. BUT, I was going to give it to her anyway if she helped out feeding and caring for my rabbits ~~ learn the ropes so to speak.

My concern is that she will not feed her properly and I suspect the doe will die pretty soon.
I have had "notices" on big boards outside, so they know I just want the rabbit to have a healthy environment with the proper feed (she is older) and hay (which I know they don't have).

The hard part for me (other than worrying about the doe) is to make sure this doesn't affect "my true" being of being an open person. I hate high fences and locked gates.
I know times have changed, but I can't change who I am.

Here's to better days next week!!

I had rabbits attacked the first week I moved them to my fiance house. He lives inside city limits so shooting them was not an option. We did leave a nice mix of leftovers and laxatives for their next visit :laugh:

Dear lord.... glad anyone walked away from that car. I hope you're earned some smooth sailing credit now that you've gotten through this week.

wow last time i saw a vehicle in that condition NO ONE walked away, though the one survivor rolls now (paralyzed). For sure had something or someone watching over him!

Sorry for the things that have happened to you that week, hope you have recovered and keep positive.

Back