Really good rabbit wild rice soup.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

currituckbun

Reaction score
I just used my new pressure cooker this evening. I have had a bad cold and I wanted chicken soup with rice. Rabbit soup with rice is nicer!
In pressure cooker pot:
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 onion chopped
4 celery ribs with leaves(better) chopped
2 medium carrots chopped
bunch fresh parsley
3 cloves fresh garlic crushed and chopped
pinch sea salt
pinch pepper
1/4 cup white wine
4 rabbit ribs thawed
5 -6 cups broth (I used chicken but I bet rabbit would be better)
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 cup wild rice/ brown rice mixed. No seasoning. I bought this in the whole foods store.

Saute veggies in olive oil until translucent. Add the white wine to deglaze the pan. Add the ribs,broth, cube, and rice. Bring to a steam not boil and put on the pressure cooker top. Cook for 20 minutes under pressure.
Important: remove the ribs and scrape off the meat and put in the soup. Throw away the bones. This was not hard since they were still in tact but easy to get the meat off.serve with garlic bread or toast.
I feel much better. Yummmm :)

Mmmmm! I just bought a pressure cooker last year, but haven't used it for anything other than canning. I guess I should get busy butchering some rabbits before someone comes down with a cold!

I hope you are feeling better today, Currittuck.

Thanks I do feel better :roll: Mamasheepdog. I like your new avatar.
The pressure cooker cut the time in half and did not overcook the rice.

We have a "Recipe of the Day" on each episode of the podcast. Do you mind if I use this one next week on the show?

sounds delicious. gotta try it soon. does anyone can their rabbit meat? if so how does it turn out? i've heard it lasts longer than frozen. every winter my freezer gets really full. i do not have a pressure cooker but i have been thinking about getting one.

currituckbun":236mp8xn said:
Thanks I do feel better :roll: Mamasheepdog.

That's good! :) Rabbit soup to the rescue!

currituckbun":236mp8xn said:
I like your new avatar.

My avatar didn't turn out as "crisp" as yours and others, but what can you expect from a "techno peasant"? :roll: That is Queenpup's doe Poppy, and her kit "Greystone" who QP has decided to keep as well. Another buck, heaven help me! We brought her and her litter into the house for a couple weeks, since Feather became so friendly from her stay in the house. She is laying on our sheepskin on the couch- it was white once, before the dogs decided it was theirs.

Hucksdaddy":3c2amkd8 said:
We have a "Recipe of the Day" on each episode of the podcast. Do you mind if I use this one next week on the show?
Sure no problem.
To answer the other question , yes it did make a rich broth. Maybe because I was sick but it was the right amount of salt with the cube for me. You might want to say that is optional.

Sounds delish! Gotta try this. Reminder to self........dust off the pressure cooker, and bring it up from the kitchen appliance grave yard in the basement! :lol:

Latest posts

Back