Reading the show catalog questions!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starsider

Reaction score
So I'm looking at going to a few local rabbit shows (including one in my town...a month and a half after I move 45 minutes away, of course :evil: :evil: ) and I have questions about reading the show catalogs.

I see some breeds get "sanctioned" and others aren't? Does that mean I can't show a breed that isn't sanctioned in that show? I'm looking for some English Lops once we've gotten settled with our move, and I'd really like to jump into showing this summer if I can. But they're a little rarer than the typical lops (minis and hollands), so I don't see them sanctioned at all the shows I'm looking at.

I obviously don't want to show up with a cage full of English lops if there's nobody there to judge them!! :lol: Or am I just being a total noob?

I used to show dogs, so I'm at least a -little- familiar with how to pick classes, and I've been able to wade my way through most of the info on showing. I haven't had a chance to pick up the ARBA SOP book yet, but I will shortly- don't know if that had more info in it or not.

Of course the weekend I move is when a big rabbit show will be in my area, and I had a massive family emergency the weekend of PaSRBA. :cry_baby:

If it's an open show which is sanctioned by the ARBA, you generally can show any breed which is recognized by the ARBA, and your rabbits will be judged against other BOB's for BIS. The only difference is that you won't get any national specialty club sweepstakes points from it unless you or somebody else picks up the tab for breed sanctions.

I, Myself, paid a sanction fee for two shows I did not even get to go to-- never even got a "thank you" from the clubs-- But, I wanted to encourage "my' breed numbers in the area---

Back