Rabbit Wrath

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digitaloutlaw

Reaction score
So while feeding up today I usually pet the rabbits and I alternate on every other day which I take out to hold and let run around. Well today I stuck my hand in my Big Does cage to give her a pet not even picking her up. Then boom she jump on me like a crazy beast. I am pretty sure that she is about to have a litter in the next couple days is this normal for prego rabbits?

Just like us women when we are pregnant, pregnant rabbits go through wild hormone swings, and can be unpredictable.

I'd figure it's normal... once the babies are here, you might consider how much you're willing to put up with from a doe, attack and injury-wise, anyway.

Ok thanks for the info. She so far has been one of my best rabbits. I dont really mind the attitude I have a soft spot for creatures that have attitude problems. I can get really aggressive so I will not judge them for it. I was just shocked at the way she went off because she is usually so gentle.

Yes pregnant does can be grumpy.i try too not disturb them more than i have too.

Yep! I had one doe that I bought a couple weeks ago that the breeder said was nice but she started lunging and biting....but I knew it was normal since she was so close to her due date. Then she kindled and she was still mean! When she finally bit me on the face I can on RT and got the ok from experience members and rebred the she devil right away. Now she is fine. Crazy rabbits!

Miss M":2tk0klxl said:
Just like us women when we are pregnant
:lol: I just had to laugh when reading this... so true.

I bred my does on the 2nd and 3rd this month and when I went out to feed them this morning, my choc. tort behaved the same way. I noticed her feeder was knocked off the cage. When I went to re-attatch it, she lunged at my hand multiple times. I had to distract her with hay just so I could refill her feeder! She also is normally my sweetest doe, but decided to act out of character this morning. Makes me suspect a successful breeding as well.

Fingers crossed!

Well she is due tommorow I palpated her and I felt the grapes as people are talking about. But she has not started to make a nest or anything so I am hoping things turn out ok

Yeah, my meat doe from another breeder is that way too ... she lunges across the cage at me but since she has a nestbox full, I just pet her on the head and sometimes carry her around as I am feeding. Like the old man says, my EA doe who doesn't mind me in the nestbox would just lay there if a predator came after her babies, but the meat doe would fight it off.

Latest posts

Back