Rabbit Transporting Fees

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you mean? 10-20 is normal range depending upon if you can get some one you know to or not. If not by the time the health certificates n all are taken care of, usually 100+ for just a few. I charge 0.50 per mile round trip to do rabbit runs now, the wear n tear on vehicle is more then that and it does cover gas (usually), but I know its a pain to get rabbits around so try to offer some thing as I don't want to air ship.

I'm just haveing a couple rabbits droped off, the person is picking them up on one side of the state from a show thats shes attending, she has to go right pass me to get home,.
Im use to paying 5 pr rabbit at the most she wants 20

20 dollars to transport a rabbit just across the state? I don;t think that is a bad price-- the transporter is also exposing her own animals to whatever your new ones may have!!!

I don't think that is a high price with fuel cost these days, and the time savings for you. She is probably trying to offset her travel costs so she can continue attending shows.

Frosted Rabbits":36w7zkuc said:
the transporter is also exposing her own animals to whatever your new ones may have!!!

This is something that has concerned me for some time, ever since hearing about "the rabbit railroad". I don't understand how a group of rabbits can remain asymptomatic on a long stressful journey, especially when their care probably changes on each leg of it with each new transporter.

There is a commercial livestock transporter, I am unsure of his fees, as I have not ahd a chance to use him yet, but--when a couple memebers of the BB consortium bought out a herd of sheep, when they arrives at their destinations,(three people purchased and split the flock. ) they had acutally gained weight, and a couple even lambed! But this guy does this for a living, and his setup is super sweet--he amkes huge figure 8s around the country every couple months...Not sure if he does rabbits--but I do beleivehe has carried large poultry---

Back