Rabbit lunging at people

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LadyKarli

Reaction score
Keegan, my not so runty anymore runty red house rabbit has started lunging at us. Not biting just coming at you in a scary way. jumping on your foot when you walk near her but in an I'm attacking you sort of way. I am not liking this & worry biting is the next stage. Is she getting old enough to breed or something??? She was to be a pet for life but she is scaring my kids :bunny5:

Sounds like "raging hormones". My Luna, who hit maturity, or breeding age, is doing that. It's just part of a doe's protective ways. She lunges, pins her ears, and gives a scary face, but no biting. This will pass if you don't intend to breed her. It's those silly teenage months that give rabbits a bad rap. Just bear with her. If she was biter, she would have bit by now. Just like my Luna. She's not a biter, just all show.

Karen

I did not think she would reach a good size but she has & she is very good looking just on the petite side. She has great genes. I think breeding her would not be a bad idea. I haver never raised a maiden rabbit! Do I breed her now? Do I wait till later? Is she ready or getting ready?? If not now then when??

Some never grow out of those "teenage years". My brood doe is 2+ years old and she lunges at you anytime you have her out and try to catch her to put her back in the cage. She pins those ears back and literally covers two feet or more in a lunge straight at you. For someone who doesn't know what she's like, it could be scary.

Latest posts

Back