Rabbit Hopping!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessie15273

Reaction score
One of my English Spot does is amazing at it!

do gifs work here? Lets find out!
0re9LJV.gif

She can go Higher too! Ill get some more pictures tomorrow!

Wow!

Great photos and gif, and what a pretty rabbit!

The gif loaded no problem for me too. :)

Eeeee, so awesome! I want to get into rabbit hopping so bad with my Lion Lop doe. I don't think there's any competitions nearby, but we just got a new club in the general area, so maybe I can promote it? Yes. Yes I must.

Any tips on training? She's smart and seems to figure out that if I tap on one side of a jump she's supposed to go over it, but any help is welcome.

First you want to teach them to run up and down . some breeds just aren't good at running, for example, I wouldn't have a French lop start on hopping. It also comes down to your individualtoo some of my mini rex will do it just fine, others want not hing more than to just take a nap. For starting off a new rabbit, I use one solid piece of wood, so they can't nudge it off. Once they go over that several times, add another bar. I put a piece of pvc pipe in her cage so she had to jump to get from old to the water.
Treat often with there favorite things. The hardest part is getting them to run and jump, once you get that down, it's just increasing it.

How perfect! I came here to start a question thread about rabbit hopping and here one is already :lol: and what a pretty hopping rabbit is in the start!

We have a Tan doe that was gifted to us that I had NO IDEA what to do with until someone recommended her for rabbit hopping. Said its growing so fast as a sport I could get her started and sell her for $100 if she is any good at it.

Is this true? Is it really that popular?

She is very fast and athletic so should do really well.

Latest posts

Back