Rabbit containment pens

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LBMBarbalooski

Reaction score
What sort of pet containment pen work best for angora rabbits? I'm still new to raising rabbits so I'm not sure how high they can jump or if they will even try to jump out of anything while outside. Our rabbits are currently housed in our garage. Since the weather is getting nicer, I'd like to have the ability to let them have some exercise time outside under our shade trees. A quick internet search gives me a variety of heights and size pens to use, even so e with covers. Those were a tad pricey but I see the benefit of having a cover. We need a pen that can be taken done and stored easily as we cannot leave it out all the time. Suggestions? Best height?

Looks like a safe method of having my cats enjoy the outdoors, too! Briefly, anyway. Right now I take them outside, one at a time, on a cat leash (6' long) and harness and let them wander in the garden, sniffing the plants and such. But they're pretty smart cats--at least two of the three are--and they could probably figure out how to guide these rolling cages where they want them to go pretty fast! :)

Has anyone tried such a contraption for kitty outdoor entertainment? Say 15, 20 minutes max?

All the cats I've had except maybe one would freak at being shoved in a wire cage. It would be about like getting them in to a carrier. Maybe if you made one end open instead of a small front door it would both be less intimidating to the cat and easier to set them in. I'm not sure how thrilled they'd be with rolling either. Again most or all of mine would have freaked when the cage started to move and probably leap some random direction making it roll even more that way.

We used a plastic unit that's made, I think, for children. It's about 24" tall and you can configure it as you like. We laid a piece of plywood over top both for shade and to prevent escape. It works great and was quite inexpensive.

Mickey328":2yxwl606 said:
We used a plastic unit that's made, I think, for children. It's about 24" tall and you can configure it as you like. We laid a piece of plywood over top both for shade and to prevent escape. It works great and was quite inexpensive.
:yeahthat:
I got mine second hand - kid playpens call superyard (? pretty sure that's the name) and I just place either other play yard panels over the top or some scrap plywood to keep them from getting out.

Wheels":11qbmc7u said:
Mickey328":11qbmc7u said:
:yeahthat:
I got mine second hand - kid playpens call superyard (? pretty sure that's the name) and I just place either other play yard panels over the top or some scrap plywood to keep them from getting out.

Yep, we have two of them... :)

I love the rolling pen idea. I used to have one of those super yards but got rid of it awhile ago. I got it to go around the Christmas tree to keep my younger son ,who just turned 1 at the time, away from the tree. used it for baby chicks last year. Play yards have lots of different uses :) I got rid of mine because it unfortunately was broken. but got good use out of it for 3 years.

Back