Rabbit BBQ

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack

Reaction score
Can you slow smoke rabbit (like brisket)
or is it too lean and should be done better on a medium coal with a quick smoke?<br /><br />__________ Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:07 pm __________<br /><br />Would you use a chicken rub?
remember I'm a vegetarian
but the rest of my family isn't.

There was a thread on this, I remember, here it is:

post4119.html?hilit=smoked#p4119

It seems to me keeping it moist would be important, I would look for recipes for boneless chicken breast. I once hot smoked chicken and it was un-bee-lievable. This recipe is similar, http://www.ifood.tv/recipe/herb-tea-smo ... ken-breast , but calls for bone in--I remember specifically taking the skin off and I thought it was boneless, too--anyway it is a place to start.

I also remember seeing a picture, maybe on here, maybe somewhere else, of a rabbit that was slow-smoked wrapped in cheese cloth to help keep it from gettting over-dry...I have a lil' chief smoker and I can't wait to try it...I also can't wait to try sausages, and boned bacon-wrapped rolled-roast...I am clearly not a vegetarian, lol. Let me know how it goes!

Hmmmm
Tinfoil does the same as soaked cloth, but would keep the smoke out...
Don't have a smoker, planning to getting a second hand hot plate and reassembling it inside of a LARGE terracotta planter with a bowl planter for the lid, supposed to be like CRAZY good.

have to play with it, but I would think a HOT sear, followed by a low smoke, smothered in a wet sauce, would do it. I would either cut for consistent thickness, or just flay and splay, figuring the dog gets hers too.

When my hubby smokes meat, he puts it in a disposable roasting pan with about an inch of water. Keeps the meat really moist while it smokes if you turn it every so often. Then, put on the grill to finish. YUM!

Latest posts

Back