Rabbit Addiction

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I have you beat...I have 14 adults and 34 kits...LOL! and 3 more still to kindle! Hubs is planning a new 24 hole setup to add to what we already have....Galloping Rabbitosis!

How did you manage to infect my brother-in-law? Inquiring minds want to know! I have a Hubs that could use a good case of Rabbitosis- perhaps if I destabilize his immune system first, he will become less resistant to infection... :twisted: Bwa-ha-ha!

I gave up counting and entering each litter in my software. Now I just do a head count at weaning and butchering so I have no accurate number of all rabbits at a specific time anymore. It was 46 with kits the last time I put every single rabbit in the pedigree software.

MamaSheepdog":3773at33 said:
How did you manage to infect my brother-in-law? Inquiring minds want to know! I have a Hubs that could use a good case of Rabbitosis- perhaps if I destabilize his immune system first, he will become less resistant to infection... :twisted: Bwa-ha-ha!

I think he must be naturally susceptible to Rabbitosis... :mrgreen: It really did not take much at all for me to bring him over "to the dark side..." :lol:

OneAcreFarm":3a5xry6u said:
That is sort of like asking an asylum inmate whether he thinks he is sane or not....LOL!

gee, speaking from real life experience-- it is the people OUTSIDE the locked doors that are nutso!!!

OneAcreFarm":lwd9obgn said:
I think I have you beat...I have 14 adults and 34 kits...LOL! and 3 more still to kindle! Hubs is planning a new 24 hole setup to add to what we already have....Galloping Rabbitosis!

i have more adults but with winter up here i have not bred my does till now

I must have it too. I have 32 rabbits if you count the 14 kits. And two of the does are ready to kindle every day.<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 pm __________<br /><br />I mean today, not every day. lol

boundarybunnyco":13qq6q2o said:
I must have it too. I have 32 rabbits if you count the 14 kits. And two of the does are ready to kindle every day.

__________ Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:18 pm __________

I mean today, not every day. lol

It's a Pandemic! :help:

Somebody come infect my husband so I can get some rabbits! They are soo much cuter and nicer than chickens.

well you could say i have it also since i have 96 rabbits...and only have two litters at the moment lol
Redneckrabbitry- i coulda sold your wife some woolies...i was just in Wisconsin new years weekend lol

LilFish_JWQueen(:":1l58yrsv said:
well you could say i have it also since i have 96 rabbits...and only have two litters at the moment lol
Redneckrabbitry- i coulda sold your wife some woolies...i was just in Wisconsin new years weekend lol

That is a LOT of rabbits! Did you go to the Janesville show, LilFish?

hmmmm well i have two Juvenal does in one hutch, and now as I am completely out of hutch space the new orange satin boy will be in a make shift wire thingy pen/cagey thing lol ... but I really I going to make some new hutches,,

I'm adding some cages right now. I had to seperate out two bucks that were fighting and the cage I have him in now is too small so I'm building a rack to hold 2 2X4 cages.

OneAcreFarm":35r1x9t9 said:
LilFish_JWQueen(:":35r1x9t9 said:

That is a LOT of rabbits! Did you go to the Janesville show, LilFish?

Yep and thats my herd on a downsize. I have close to 150 in the summer. And yes Janesville was where it was at.

I wasn't supposed to get any more rabbits until we move into our own place again (next fall), but who could pass up a couple of gorgeous Rex does? I'm PROMISING myself and hubby that I won't get ANY more until we move! (At least I have a pair or more of my three breeds I'm sticking with.)

My rabbit addiction has worn off. :lol: I've got 51 weanlings/kits right now, and hubby is complaining about having to process every other week. :x We actually have decided to cut down to a more manageable level that we can handle comfortably. He doesn't want to sell meat, so we're going to just keep for our own use, and replace does with young stock we raise ourselves. We really like having the rabbit in the freezer for ourselves.........more than we realized we would.

the wife just got a French Lop.....so now the count is 22<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm __________<br /><br />now tomorrow I'm going 2+ hrs one way to get 4 more rabbits and then sat i have to go an hour + to get 4 more..

RedneckRabbitry":2ylcr1nf said:
the wife just got a French Lop.....so now the count is 22

__________ Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm __________

now tomorrow I'm going 2+ hrs one way to get 4 more rabbits and then sat i have to go an hour + to get 4 more..

I am officially diagnosing you with an incurable case of G. Rabbitosis.... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back