Question about open shows

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CedarRidge

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
We're new to showing. We are planning on going to a show in a few weeks which is a triple show with three open shows and a specialty show for our breed. Can I enter the same rabbit in all three opens, or is the intent to allow me to enter a different rabbit at each open. It would seem that if the same rabbit were allowed to be entered in each open, you'd just get a bunch of the same entries and the same rabbits would likely win all the times. Haven't done this before so am trying to understand the philosophy and rules.

You can enter the same one in all of them
They wouldn't always get the same placing because 1. Not everyone else always enters the same shows as you do and 2. Judges are rotated

I don't do much in the way of showing, but I believe they generally have different judges for each section of the show, each with their own philosophy of what it most important, so the results can definitely vary. Judging has the Standard of Perfection to work with, which is an objective guide. But deciding how to interpret those standards, deciding exactly whether this trait or that trait is more important to you, is subjective, a matter of opinion.

The advantage of multiple shows at one time, is it allows breeders to drive to one location, set up one time, and hopefully bring enough rabbits so that there will be enough total rabbits and different owners for the winners to qualify towards grand championship legs. https://arba.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Grand-Champion-How-To.pdf has more information.

Latest posts

Back