Puppy Power!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LV426

Reaction score
This is my new puppy. He's a catahoula Leopard dog.
He's 6 weeks. I have to wait until Sept 4th to take him home.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Oh, geez, I am so friggin puppy hungry it's crazy. I have never heard of that kind of dog, either, you should post pics as he grows up!

She's got two left.
Just do a search for Coho Catahoulas in Seattle, WA.
There's a boy and a girl that aren't chosen yet. The boy is a character. lol
Might be a bit of a drive but she's a good responsible breeder and her dogs all turn out with great temperments.

I'm such an instigator. If 2 puppies weren't such a pain in the butt I'd have taken that other boy as well. He's going to be a handful but very fun to work with when he gets bigger. He was born first and was walking 3 days before the others. lol

His mom is around 55lbs and his dad is close to 70lbs so I'm hoping he falls somewhere in between.

Congrats on your new pup! I love Catahoulas and we have a blue merle Catahoula X that is the best girl in the world. Before we bought our Dane, we had planned to bring home a lovely pup from a breeder, but Sylvester Stallone jumped in and bought first! Every time I see him in a movie or pictures I can't help but to think that he stole our dog, LOL.

Best of luck!

Lauren

What a beautiful puppy. I may have to visit the site just to see mom and dad, lol. It's such a unique and stunning breed. Congrats! I hope the waiting goes by quickly.

I see a shocking number of Catahoulas in rescue considering how relatively rare they are - they are a neat dog but need appropriate and consistent handling. They certainly respond better to positive training than adversive training as well.

He's lovely - have fun with him :)

Yep I'm aware of their need for constant handling. I've set up and booked puppy training classes to start him off in and my plan is to enter him into agility classes. I really want to do agility competition.

I know it's probably putting the cart before the horse but I'm hoping he does well. His dad is super fast and his mom has some serious agility when she herds sheep. She can turn on a dime. So I'm hoping between the two he gets the best of their attributes and I end up with a kick ass agility dog.

One more week and he's mine! I can't wait!

with a carefully laid foundation any dog can do and be successful at agility ...
with a dog with agile working parents you are certainly a step ahead of the game

I hope you enjoy the sport as much as my crew and I do

don't rush your baby though - foundation laid now will last for ever

cheers

For now we are just going to do puppy obedience classes. Once he's through the class then we are going to start puppy agility. There's an indoor training center so as the weather gets rainy here in Seattle for the winter we can still get out and get exercise together.<br /><br />__________ Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:15 pm __________<br /><br />4 more days and I get my puppy! I can hardly contain my excitement. I bought a XL Dogloo doghouse off of CL and a XL sized crate for when he gets bigger, both for $125 delivered to my door. They are in almost perfect condition. Just a few scratches and some dirt. I have his temporary crate all set up with his blankey and some toys. I have other toys and chewie bones/hooves/ears for him. His outside area is all set up with nice clean wood chips and a dog deck on one side. Only thing left is the awning I need to rig on one side to keep off the rain. Now all I need is a PUPPY!

One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day! One more day!

YAY! I'm going to asplodey from excitement!

Latest posts

Back