PSRBA Show - Lebanon PA 2/2 - Who's going?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lastfling

Reaction score
Who all's going to the Pennsylvania show on Feb 2nd? Looks like I'll be packing up on the 1st and headed that way. Here's hoping the weather cooperates. I've heard this is a really big show which also has a Tan Specialty show on Saturday along with some other breed specialty shows.

It is a really big show. I won't be going this time, my breeder has a son in the military and is making plans to visit him close to that time. I can't make that drive alone.

So tempting but won't be able to. Would LOVE to see that Tan Specialty show on Saturday.

Wishing you all the Luck Lastfling. Have a safe trip and hope you post how your Tans do.

Karen

Thanks Karen, I'm working out the logistics now. Where to stay, etc. Looks like about a 6 1/2 trip. Rabbits and road trips, whew. :tornado:

I'd love to go-- But-- no vehicle, and my DL expired last month-- can't get a new one until my glasses come in... Percy is in good weight and coat---

I'm going! I'm not sure if I'm showing or not, but we'll be there at some point during that day.

I'm short, round, and people think I'm Mennonite because I dress plain. Feel free to poke me. :)

-Summer

sommrluv":1msp5lle said:
I'm going! I'm not sure if I'm showing or not, but we'll be there at some point during that day.

I'm short, round, and people think I'm Mennonite because I dress plain. Feel free to poke me. :)

-Summer

Nothing wrong with dressing plain-- leaves money for more important stuff--like show entries, new rabbits, the electric bill....

I'm going. I'm entering John my Standard Rex. :p

Never been to a show before with a rabbit - John is my first rabbit since a kid and my favorite so I'm taking John. See how this works.

Doors open at 6pm friday.

I became a member of ARBA today for the first time. I figured if I spent the $50.00 for 2 books I might as well pay the $20.00 for membership. :roll:

This is so exciting !!

John is relaxing on the sofa watching FOX news right now. LOL I love him.

How does he look ?

IMG_20130131_165337-1.jpg

sommrluv":1o722g98 said:
Truth! I mean, like Plain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_dress

I headcover also. We go to a non-denominational church.

LOL

I had a customer the other day who just didn't know what to do with me.

I had a head scarf on and one of my usually long flowing dresses in Walmart. Someone stopped me and asked if I was Amish. Well I was thinking the long weaved braids should be a sing of no, but I guess you never know these days. :)<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:16 pm __________<br /><br />
MKirst":1o722g98 said:
I'm going. I'm entering John my Standard Rex. :p

Never been to a show before with a rabbit - John is my first rabbit since a kid and my favorite so I'm taking John. See how this works.

Doors open at 6pm friday.

I became a member of ARBA today for the first time. I figured if I spent the $50.00 for 2 books I might as well pay the $20.00 for membership. :roll:

This is so exciting !!

John is relaxing on the sofa watching FOX news right now. LOL I love him.

How does he look ?

IMG_20130131_165337-1.jpg

He looks round, just like a Rex should.

YAY !!

John got his Tattoo and he's entered for Sat & Sun. Sat for the fur class too.

He didn't even flinch for his tattoo !! :p I am so proud of him.

He's not liking this cage too much though. I bought the second smallest show cage at the vendor.

Never again will I use shavings in his carry along though .... he had shavings and dust all up in his fur ..

One of the entry ladies put him on the scale for me and he's exactly 7.5 pounds !!! :x

I hope he doesn't loose any of his weight or he'll be disqualified. :(

That entry lady was very very nice .. she explained everything to me, walked me into the room and slid some cages down to make room for John on the first table. I'm glad she did that because I was thinking .. there is no room for another rabbit. The place was packed a half hour after the doors opened. Crazy !!

Here's some pictures of John. He's prolly missing his sofa right about now. :oops:

312335_475089559215102_1571332089_n.jpg

I snapped this picture as I left for the night .. he was relaxing.

IMG_20130201_204831-1.jpg

Oh melissa that is so sweet! We're coming later today, we decided not to do our other entries...my meat pen is too fat and my senior american is underweight and it wasn't worth the trouble for one rabbit

But we'll be there today

Good luck at the show, everybody!

MKirst- I hope John doesn't get DQ'd for weight, but you will learn a lot either way, and meet some nice people too! :)

I hope you are having fun. I am sad, but still it's a good thing I did not try to go. With all of this snow I would have been able to get there on time, or get back when I needed to. That is a serious drive for me even without snow.

OMG

LOOK !!!

I am sooo excited !! John stayed the 7.5 pounds and we won stuff !!!

He placed 2nd in variety Otter Sr. Buck and 1st in the Fur Class !!!!

IMG_20130202_122944-1.jpg

:p :p :p :p

Congrats. That is a very nice placing. So glad you ans John enjoyed yourselves. :) Are you going to find John a friend there?

sommrluv":37jxeonh said:
Truth! I mean, like Plain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plain_dress

I headcover also. We go to a non-denominational church.

LOL

I had a customer the other day who just didn't know what to do with me.

thats awesome. i've been going back and forth between plain dress myself. i have a mennonite style kapp.

awww... i wish i was able to go /: i have guinea pigs being transported through the show though :) wish i could have gone to see the show and pick em up there.

skysthelimit":147snxtg said:
Congrats. That is a very nice placing. So glad you ans John enjoyed yourselves. :) Are you going to find John a friend there?

Thank you. I entered him for Sunday too so we do it all again tomorrow.

There is a man there who said he wants to give me a doe and then when I breed them he wants a 2 bucks and 2 does from the first litter as payment. I told him I have to think about it. I really don't like that idea at all and he's from New Hampshire. I'd rather just buy the doe but he wants $300.00 for it. That's crazy !!! My boyfriend would never allow that.

I'll find him something ... I do think the doe should be larger than him that way I don't have the 7.5 pound issue with his offspring.

Although the Judge did say to me after she checked his weight and felt him up - she can tell he's not a caged rabbit at home. She kinda smiled when she said it so I didn't take it as a bad comment. :?

MKirst":dsm31eo9 said:
There is a man there who said he wants to give me a doe and then when I breed them he wants a 2 bucks and 2 does from the first litter as payment. I told him I have to think about it. I really don't like that idea at all and he's from New Hampshire. I'd rather just buy the doe but he wants $300.00 for it. That's crazy !!! My boyfriend would never allow that.

:shock: :x THREE HUNDRED! holypickledmonkeyjuice! i dont even think i'd swing that for a grown goat! *faints*

MKirst":21uhc57o said:
skysthelimit":21uhc57o said:

Thank you. I entered him for Sunday too so we do it all again tomorrow.

I'll find him something ... I do think the doe should be larger than him that way I don't have the 7.5 pound issue with his offspring.

Although the Judge did say to me after she checked his weight and felt him up - she can tell he's not a caged rabbit at home. She kinda smiled when she said it so I didn't take it as a bad comment. :?

Rex does are always larger than the male. SOP size for senior does is 8lbs.

$300 is way too much for a rabbit, in my opinion.

He is probably more muscular than most and she could tell.

Latest posts

Back