pregnant but not....

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a doe that i am sure she is pregnant. THis will be her second litter. I bred her last month on april 21 . Due may 22nd. Today i took out the box. She was still eating normal and no signs of making a nest. She was also breed on May 10. Now look at the pics i posted. She is at the size last time that she delivered a day early. This time nothing. I put her with the buck. She didnt want nothing to do with him. I am sure she is pregnant. If she took on May 10. there should be no way of tell she pregnant like this at this time. Unless she is going to have amazing huge litter. Last time she had 9. What do you think.

Attachments

• 002 big red.jpg
    002 big red.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 778
  • pregnant.jpg
    pregnant.jpg
    929.9 KB · Views: 778
I would put her nest back in- she sure looks ready to pop! Maybe she is just late this time. Does are tricky with their nesting behavior- I was hoping to be able to predict when they would kindle by how they behaved, but it doesn't work because they keep changing their strategy!

she is 3 days past due. I havent had a doe yet go this long. I hope they are not dead in there. :shock: . I would give her a shot of oxcytocin(.sp) But i will not because she was bred on may 10 . I dont want to abort if she is only 2 weeks from that date.Otherwise i would.

__________ Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:54 am __________

ok. This doe is still hanging in there. Boy is she big. Her last due date is June 11. Her second litter.Gave her some greens. She wouldnt eat them. Her eating has slow down. I wonder why. No space for anything. Her first litter she had 9. How many do you think she is going to have?

Attachments

• big red 2.jpg
    big red 2.jpg
    897.9 KB · Views: 736
She's huge! Hmmm... I'm wondering if she is carrying a litter in each horn. It would explain why she's so big!

2 week old kits and 4 week old kits, in her tummy. Wow.

Our red doe looked almost that big when she had a litter of 14. Eeek!

My NZ Red doe acts the same, spends her time in th corner, tenses up whenever the cagedoor opens. She just kindled her first litter, never really was sure she was pregnant, she didnt seem that big. Putthe nest box in, she didnt seem too interested. Never gathered straw, didnt do much withthe straw we put in. went out to feed the morning of day 31 to find a pile of hair in the nest, and 8 kits. It was her first litter, and all are doing weill. Hope everythign turns out good foryour doe. I love the NZ reds.

She looks very much like our doe, Cuddles. What kind is she?

0317121839.jpg

Edited to add...

Duh.. you raise NZ. LOL I wonder if Cuddles is a NZ mix.

Anyway, she looks hugely pregnant!

well, i weight big red today ....She is 14.5 pounds . She is so round and big it isnt funny. Well just a little. :D ...I thought for sure she will have them today. But noooooo,she is going to wait until tomorrow when the humid ex is calling for 37 degrees c. Which is 99 f. But this is with the humidity.
:temperature:

Mary Ann's Rabbitry":2khjfb4s said:
She should have them before noon. I will let you know how many she has.

I guess we'll be getting the news sometime next week then. One thousand-one, one thousand-two... :mrgreen:

They must be enormous! You need to weigh her litter for sure.

Looking forward to pics soon!

woot :thewave: If we get the weight of babies... we need the average weight or "normal" weight baby bunny's to compare. congats glad all were healthy.

Back