Polish: what do I need to know

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
Ok I raise Havana's and never been around Polish and my sister had ND about 30 years ago. So please learn me on what I need to know before I surprise my wife with a "pet" Polish rabbit.

polish are the "little aristocrats" of the world. They are a calm, quiet breed. I've only had one flighty one. The does tend be a little stand-offish, but not all of them and handling them means alot. I've got three does right now that are in your face friendly and demand pets. The bucks are calm, easy breeders that don't go "oh ho hum" when meeting a girl. I do find that the young polish bucks will go through about a three week spraying spell when next to girls, but the pet boys I've sold don't have that same tendency.

I've never EVER met a nasty one, not even one mildly space protective as a doe.

they are a lovely lovely lovely breed (can you tell I really like my polish?)

To effectively foster Rabbitosis in your wife, I would recommend getting a pair or a trio. :twisted: Polish are small... several will hardly take up any space at all. :mrgreen:

Why thank you, RR! (Where is the bowing smiley?)

I held off for nearly 24 hours, hoping that someone would step up to the plate and point that out, but was sadly disappointed in y'all.

Must I do all of the enabling around here?!? :roll:

Yeah I've already try that angle. So far she is put off by the $100 price tag we've been getting. It seems even if they carry the BEW gene they what $100 for pet quality buns. SO I may be going to plan B. Maybe a BEW ND?

I am getting currently breeding my BE Blue Holland. They are getting acquainted right now, babies in about 30 days. That is if she could be interested in something other than White.

i'd keep looking, there are cheaper BEW rabbits out there. have you tried The everything polish facebook group? I know there are at least two BEW breeders on there.

Latest posts

Back