Pictures of My Mini Rex ! What do you think of them?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smith's Rabbits

Reaction score
This is our most recent litter of Mini rex. Born June 23rd 2012. Three black otter does and a black buck. The buck is for sale. The does will be bred to a Chocolate buck for Chocolate otters. Their father is a chocolate and mother a black otter.
I am in love with this litter. Both looks, fur/coat, and personality's are awesome!

They are named from The TV show Charmed

The buck: Smith's Kole
SmithsKoleCharmed_zps22b6d1bd.jpg

SmithsKoleposed_zps124813e6.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutsideblackbuck_zpsc58449b7.jpg

The does:
Smith's Piper
SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutsideblackotterdoe_zps36dadf0e.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutsideblackotterdoeagain_zpsec4805fb.jpg

Smith's Prudence
SmithsPrudencetop_zps259a58d9.jpg

SmithsPrudence_zps36050f20.jpg

Smith's Pheobe
SmithsPheobeback_zps5d605c35.jpg

SmithsPheobeposed_zps6a620a91.jpg

SmithsPheobetop_zpsde2d79e1.jpg

SmithsPheobe_zps909d0d35.jpg

SmithsPheobeback_zps5d605c35.jpg

SmithsPheobe2cute_zps604887f4.jpg

SmithsPheobe2_zpsfe3859e4.jpg

Some random pictures of them
SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutside_zps1b71d11e.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutside12_zpsbae6ea0b.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutside9_zps4a2d7e58.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutside14_zps6eeee447.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutside17_zps0893756f.jpg

SmithsCharmedLitterplayingoutside18_zpsece5338b.jpg

SmithsBlackotterdoesisters.jpg

Thanks!

Piper is so pretty! And your local.....

No...no more mini rex! No space!

Gorgeous rabbits! I have some Opals... I think I need some Black Otters too! :p

I love my black otters. But they are not my favorite. Chocolate Otter is where my love is. But so many of the chocolate otters I see are not that deep chocolate color. Or they don't have the fur quality or the type I want. So I decided to make my own. The sire Fredrickson's Fudge was a Swap meet find, they where selling them for $5 without a pedigree. I asked for the pedigree and paid an extra $15 for it. It was worth it. He is a very cobby buck and has passed that on to this litter. I can't wait to see what comes from crossing these does with my other chocolate buck Danny Boy. Though I think I like Fudge the best. Jane ( the mother of this litter) is currently bred by Danny, She is due towards the end of next month. I am curious to see what they throw. Both chocolates have Dilute in their background and I know Fudge carries dilute as he had an opal kit when he bred with a chestnut doe ( not a mini rex).
If the kits in the litter with Danny are not the quality I am looking for I will breed these three does back to Their dad Fudge for my first generation Chocolate Otters.

Smith's Rabbits":9m0rnzmt said:
I love my black otters. But they are not my favorite. Chocolate Otter is where my love is. But so many of the chocolate otters I see are not that deep chocolate color. Or they don't have the fur quality or the type I want. So I decided to make my own. The sire Fredrickson's Fudge was a Swap meet find, they where selling them for $5 without a pedigree. I asked for the pedigree and paid an extra $15 for it. It was worth it. He is a very cobby buck and has passed that on to this litter. I can't wait to see what comes from crossing these does with my other chocolate buck Danny Boy. Though I think I like Fudge the best. Jane ( the mother of this litter) is currently bred by Danny, She is due towards the end of next month. I am curious to see what they throw. Both chocolates have Dilute in their background and I know Fudge carries dilute as he had an opal kit when he bred with a chestnut doe ( not a mini rex).
If the kits in the litter with Danny are not the quality I am looking for I will breed these three does back to Their dad Fudge for my first generation Chocolate Otters.

I will have some choco otters soon in the standard Rex. I will see how much I like them. I am really aiming for a blue or lilac otter.

Nice set of buns. Have you been showing at ARBA shows in Iowa? I was shocked when we went to the state IRBA show that there were over 500 mini rexes shown. The competition is fierce out here. Not so for Silver Foxes, we had the only ones there. :(

Hopefully some show up at Maquoketa or Ft Dodge next month.

Pretty otters, they are beautiful colors, I like phoebe the best, at least from the top photo, looks like she has good shoulders, little long ears maybe she grow into, hard to see all the side view pics of her, she would be my pick at that age I think,
Blessings!! :)

We have found that in Open Mini rex there is actually very little competiotion. There are always tons of youth mini rex but like three or four tops in the open. These will be shown at Maquoketa on the 11th assuming my tattoo gun comes in the mail before that, and I don't mess up the tattoos.

Really only four or five! Jeesh never seen that here in MN. lol. There's been once where I've been the only breeder in one variety(chocolate) but theres always at least 4-5 breeders and probably around 30-50 rabbits. lol

Back