Pics of all our new babies

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
Minnie my daughter's Himalayan had 5 babies Sat. One lost a foot due to my mistake of putting the wrong size wire on the bottom I put 1/2"x1/2" and needed to put 1/4"x1/4". The baby is duing fine and minnie is feeding it well.

002-7.jpg

005-7.jpg

015-9.jpg

Her other Himalayan doe had 6 on Friday all are healthy and she is doing a wonderful job. Both mom are first time mothers.

018-6.jpg

019-8.jpg
<br /><br />__________ Tue May 17, 2011 9:55 am __________<br /><br />Another first time mom is my Elop Annie. She had 10 babies on Sunday. There is one runt that I am going to foster out but other tank that I saw her in the nest box feeding so that is good.

029-7.jpg

032-6.jpg

035-5.jpg

Last is also a first time mom my Jersey wooly Twilight. She had 2 a black and a blue.

037-5.jpg

041-7.jpg

053-5.jpg

awe, cute babies! What happened to the one that lost the foot? How did that happen and what did you do for it?

It got caught in the wire hole on the botton of the nest box. It was almost off when we found it. So I cleaned the small wire cutter that look like toe nail cutters for rabbits and helps get the black dead foot off. Then I cleaned the wound real good and let mom take care of the rest.

What a treat to have so many lil' ones about! Great pics, too! So sorry to hear about the kit that lost its foot :( ... what a shame.

The baby himmis are getting there points. We lost the runt in the Elop babies but the 9 remanding are doing better today mom fed them all this time. I think they will be ok now. out of the 9 we have 2 rew 3 broken and 4 solid. Mom is broken dad is solid.

Back