Perry, GA show Feb 16th

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tnelsonfla

Reaction score
Georgia State Rabbit & Cavy Association is having a double show on February 16th. We are planning on making the 500 mile trip to Perry for this show. Who else is planning on being there?

We are planning on being there. I'm sure Peach, Wooly Wonders and LopsofFun will be too!

Wishing all an excellent time at the show! Look forward to hearing how everyone's bunnies do.

Have a safe trip! Hope you update.

Karen

Yeah last show for us before Havana Nationals, in March. I have one Jr to have her first show, other than that just some young Sr's, some who were at convention.

Depending on how things go this weekend in Poplarville and the $$ situation I would like to come to this show. Would need to stay overnight though, can anyone reccomend a good INEXPENSIVE hotel for the night??

Checked out the ones the club has listed, just wanted a reference from people who know the area. Will be traveling with my 11 y/o cousin who is showing in youth.

We can be there in a little over an hour so we don't stay overnight during rabbit shows. When we do stay overnight for other events at the fairgrounds we stay at the Best Western. It's close. convenient and has a decent continental breakfast.

Looks like Hotel/Motels range from 35-65 for most. Georgiahotels.com is a good spot or Expedia and Travelocity too. Filling up quick there is a swine and cow even that same weekend from what I heard.

The State Junior Livestock Shows start the next week so they shouldn't have an effect on motel rooms for the rabbit show weekend.

Just checked the calender for the fairgrounds and there is a swine/cattle show the same weekend. It's the local county's show though and shouldn't have an impact on motel rooms.

I have never been to the area so I don't know which hotels/motels may not be in a favorable area. Where is everyone else staying? It would be nice if we were near other rabbiters.<br /><br />__________ Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:28 pm __________<br /><br />Whooooo hotel is booked. Now if my spots will just grow so I can take them, and my NZ whites!

Yeah we have our room, but on the Florida FB page people were saying hotels were full. Wasn't sure on the swine/cattle show, just repeating what was posted on FB. About 10-12 of us from Florida(that I know of) should be there. Alot of us never been to Perry or any other Georgia show, but seems to be a delay in scheduling FL shows.

Georgiahotels.com has a good variety and the ones the show catalog suggest. Relax Inn is said to be booked. Travelodge and Scottish Inn seem to be on the least expensive side and are in show catalog. I normally stay at Wyndham owned hotels for the rewards points.

We will be staying at Microtel. I am excited about this show but nervous, I hope more of my buns make weight by then.

We are coming!!!! Can't wait, have not been to Perry before and it is closer to Florida than the Conyers show. HOpe to meet some of you all in person!! Tom, hope to actually speak to you at this show, last one was crazy hectic!

Yes Lisa, If you decide not to wear a ball cap, let me know. Leslie and I had no idea you had long hair! :-o make sure you come by and see the Lilacs and we'll bring that Havana for donation too! Leslie made up fancy name tags :p

I'll be wearing my Georgia Peach apron I got for Christmas....so I'll certainly stick out :)<br /><br />__________ Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 pm __________<br /><br />Anyone know anyone looking for Mini Lops? I'm going to have a good handful of pet and show quality for sale. Up to my ears in jrs!

Can you pm me.some info and I can share it with friends??

Back