Ped/Tat question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preciousgurl63

Reaction score
Question. My sister n law and I are going to have pedigreed litters but we don't have a tattooing kit yet. Can we still sell them pedigreed even though they aren't tattooed?

you can. though it would be better if they were. this way you can identify them with their dame and sire.

Complete pedigrees are supposed to be just that, complete. With out the tattoo I would have to say that the pedigree is not complete. It's just my opinion.

:bunnyhop: :bunnyhop: :bunnyhop:

The pedigree is a document to record ancestry.

A tattoo is an identifying mark.

Two separate things.

A tattoo does not change the ancestry of the rabbit.

Big Tom":1h5mv5fe said:
Complete pedigrees are supposed to be just that, complete. With out the tattoo I would have to say that the pedigree is not complete.

I have bought and seen others buy rabbits that aren't tattooed but have the tat # listed on the pedigree. Sometimes "life gets in the way" of even top show breeders (and even rabbit judges!) and they don't get a rabbit tattooed before delivery of it.

So it will be ok to to sell them untill we can get a tattoo kit. We both plan on getting one asap but right now are funds have to go other places.

Maybe you can set aside some of the sales money so you can get a pen. :)

Thats what I actually plan on doing. My sister n law and I are going in on one since she will need to tattoo her pedigree kits as well.

Back