Paralyzed but still alive..??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sliver_fox_lover

Red_Wood_Farms
Reaction score
Okay so yesterday we butchered a couple rabbits and they were all fine so we left because we have stuff to do, We got back earlier today and went up to finish the rest we were gonna butcher, as we get up there one of our girls is on her side and another is curled up next to her, and there soaked and there the only two like that, mind they are away from the door and any leaks and the rest in the cage, there's 5 in total, we decoded to take them inside and there all limp, and as we're walking down one gets all stiff and her eyes roll back into her head but stops and is fine, we wrapped them and towels and rubbed them after checking and making sure there aren't in injuries there just limp, but one of them starts making noise and is struggling to breath, we ended up putting them out of there misery after an hour of trying to get them to perk u, nothing was wrong with them when we skinned or anything and we've decided not to cull the rest untill we figure out what's wrong, we didn't end up keeping the meat but I thought I'd share to see if this has happened to anyone else before, unfortunately I didn't take pictures

I used to have a few rabbits (specifically two or three) a couple years ago that would randomly be paralyzed and unable to move
All we had to do was prop them up in a travel cage for a few days with food and water right next to their mouths and they got back to normal fairly well 🤷

Latest posts

Back