Palpating Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Susie570

Reaction score
I decided to palpate today, 11 days after breeding.

I seem to recall reading that the fetuses feel like 'grapes', but is that the SIZE of a grape? or??

Because what I felt in the doe I'm pretty certain is pregnant was more like the size of beebees. Or, I'm just not doing it correctly. :p

Anyway, I may have felt a few in the second doe, but I went ahead and rebred Chrissy and Lady today, just in case. Chrissy actually lifted nicely for the buck and Lady was 'uncooperative', but I think he was able to breed her successfully with a little 'assistance'.

I wanted to wait and hear back about the palpation question before trying to rebreed River (the one I'm pretty sure is pregnant).

Yeaaahhhh those BB's were probably just poop. lol XD
I usually palpate around days 14-17.

I have heard that feces could be mistaken for what you are feeling for.... Bee bees seem pretty small. I don't try until 14 days and then I usually feel the size of "marbles". I can feel babies past that date safely and I am always very gentle. When a doe is bred, I believe I can almost always tell from 14 days up until they are due.

Thanks! :D I had read to try around day 10 and they would be 'the size of grapes' so I was thinking "Ok, surely I can feel them now!" lol

Anyway, I'll try again in a few days :)

Back