Our end of November score!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bobqdevon":28z4bx20 said:
$50 is a good deal for it I think...

The woodworking is good quality, but it looks like it has hardware cloth as floor wire. Some of our members do keep rabbits on hardware cloth, but the general consensus is that the gauge is too narrow and the welds often have sharp points, so it is likely to cause sore hocks.

With lighter rabbit breeds this may not be a problem, but I would hesitate to use it for a Flemmie. Can you replace the floor wire with 14 gauge 1/2" x 1" rabbit wire?

That was my plan. I need a roll of floor wire anyways, so I will pick one up while out shopping. Have to drag the trailer around with me tomorrow anyways, as I scored 10 bales of hay for $60.

Only wire we can get here in that size is 14g, however the floor of the hutch has cross supports in it, so that should help some. I already ripped the old flooring off it, and it got too late for me to continue tonight, so I will finish it up tomorrow and have it in place for her to go to tomorrow night.

Back