Opinions on this Hutch

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin S.

Reaction score
This is kinda what I am thinking about building. I may put windows or something in the side, so that in the heat of summer I can get additional airflow. I like this design for several reasons, one being that I can easily put a tarp or some cover over the front if we get some hard blowing sleet/snow. I also like that this setup is kinda "modular" and allows for a great deal of flexibility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjNELzoM ... ll&list=WL

I live in AR and was worried about the heat and also about having wood in the corners that would be urinated on. I put wire on the bottom 6 inches of the wall all the way around, and it is working great as far as no build up in the corners. I am going to add a box for them to get in for warmth and lots of hay for winter, but plan to leave the ventilation as is. See pic in thread below.

new-hutch-t4021.html

sommrluv":2x1397jv said:
I love that set up. Easy & compact. Sorry about the wackos on your video comments.

Not my video, I do have some videos, but I delete and block the wackos :D

I really like quonset hutches for buck and grow out cages, especially when it comes to building them! Not good for does unless you can do drop nest boxes though. The quonset hutches give you the most bang for your buck, though, if you can place them back to back with no gap at the bottom, then they become an instant hay feeder. :)

Back