Oops!! Breeding Age Question

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MamaSheepdog":31f8vgat said:
They'll sell like hotcakes... you are gonna be rich! :money:

I declare myself liable for at least 50% of the profits as the birth of the rabbits has been very astutely attributed to my presence. In retrospect any monetary gain from MissM's new litter is also covered under the "Mystang needs extra money clause" which was covered in the bylaws of the new Internets rule-set. Please don't ask questions as it is far too complicated to explain :ugeek:

the reluctant farmer":31f8vgat said:
But since we're not certain I suppose it wouldn't hurt if she did it again, just to be sure. Maybe you need something bigger than a chair, Miss M?

HoppinHalfPints":31f8vgat said:
:indy-jones: :nightmare: :beammeup: :injail:

I recommend any of these....

Wait a minute here :eek: who's side are you all on!? No surprise bunnies for joo!
We may need to pull out the heavy artillery to deal with this particular problem. We could send him a plague of :mosquitos: , curse him with insomnia :countsheep: , or silence him :shutup:by requiring his posts be "approved" prior to posting...

Someones just jealous :p :tomato:

As always, the input of our general membership will be taken into careful consideration in our proceedings, and we value your input. :) :popcorn: :twisted:

Don't I get a say in any of this? :?

3mina":31f8vgat said:
Hey Mystang, send some of that voodoo you're doing up north please. I've got two senior does I need litters out of and they aren't cooperating

:hex: On it's way! SEE, at least someone recognizes my greatness! :lol:

Miss M":31f8vgat said:
You are to be abducted by aliens :beammeup: , who will then do mosquito tolerance experiments on you :mosquitos: .

So THAT'S why I've been getting all these mosquito bites! I thought it was just because I was so sweet. :oops:

Bad Habit":31f8vgat said:
Or I could just box them up and send them to Mystang to deal with!!

Ummm, Mystang is currently not accepting any extra rabbits at this time due to an over abundance of kits in his cages. However, if he can always send you info on a great spot which needs a few more bunnies -------- MissM's House :twisted: :runhills:

MissM I'm up to my ears in popples, except for these two does *sigh* one missed the beginning of May and I screwed up dates on the other.
I'm also waiting on daughters of these two to come back up to weight after the last show for their first litters

Last year i had a huge litter that i couldn't sell and i had the bucks and doe's sit together for months, they were born in july and i sold the last doe and buck around december. I also had a doe with a foster kit that was a buck. I rebred the doe and decided to let the buck sit with her and she actually kindled and raised the new litter with the buck by her side. I had never any accidents happen. Mostly because i observe their behaviour and then decide if it's safe or not. It was a interesting experience.

10361335_10152482175049528_6247918758048320347_n.jpg

10376156_10152482174754528_4428659088092447398_n.jpg

Well, I'm hopeful that there will be no kits. I can't guarantee it, but I'm hopeful.

I put the 10mth old Holland in with the almost 4mth Holland buck and he had NO interest in her. She was definitely interested in being bred, but he did not even sniff at her. Might have been different with the 2 girls he'd lived with for the past 6wks, though.

Oh well, find out in a month if there's going to be a season of "Teen Mom - Rabbit Edition" filmed at my house.

Bad Habit":1g95kn6l said:
And if I do get some F1 lionlops, well... the dog has decided he likes rabbit meat, so it won't be ALL bad.

Or I could just box them up and send them to Mystang to deal with!!
:yes: Sounds like a plan!

mystang89":1g95kn6l said:
In retrospect any monetary gain from MissM's new litter is also covered under the "Mystang needs extra money clause" which was covered in the bylaws of the new Internets rule-set. Please don't ask questions as it is far too complicated to explain :ugeek:
The only monetary "gain" from these litters will be the money I don't spend on meat. Since that is not actual gain, but savings, it is exempt from the "Mystang needs extra money clause". Savings due to raising accidental meat rabbits resulting in not spending on meat is covered under Section 397.51 (d) Paragraph 3, titled "Miss M's thrifty shopping habits clause".

Miss M":1g95kn6l said:
You are to be abducted by aliens :beammeup: , who will then do mosquito tolerance experiments on you :mosquitos: .
So THAT'S why I've been getting all these mosquito bites! I thought it was just because I was so sweet. :oops:
The aliens will be back at the end of the summer to note your progress.

Ummm, Mystang is currently not accepting any extra rabbits at this time due to an over abundance of kits in his cages. However, if he can always send you info on a great spot which needs a few more bunnies -------- MissM's House :twisted: :runhills:
No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no! :chair:

I have three litters in the house, thank you! I think that's enough!

3mina":1g95kn6l said:
MissM I'm up to my ears in popples, except for these two does *sigh* one missed the beginning of May and I screwed up dates on the other.
I'm also waiting on daughters of these two to come back up to weight after the last show for their first litters
"Up to my ears" is an excellent description! I'm having trouble keeping these all straight!

Disney":1g95kn6l said:
Last year i had a huge litter that i couldn't sell and i had the bucks and doe's sit together for months, they were born in july and i sold the last doe and buck around december. I also had a doe with a foster kit that was a buck. I rebred the doe and decided to let the buck sit with her and she actually kindled and raised the new litter with the buck by her side. I had never any accidents happen. Mostly because i observe their behaviour and then decide if it's safe or not. It was a interesting experience.
You have very polite rabbits!

Bad Habit":1g95kn6l said:
Well, I'm hopeful that there will be no kits. I can't guarantee it, but I'm hopeful.

I put the 10mth old Holland in with the almost 4mth Holland buck and he had NO interest in her. She was definitely interested in being bred, but he did not even sniff at her. Might have been different with the 2 girls he'd lived with for the past 6wks, though.

Oh well, find out in a month if there's going to be a season of "Teen Mom - Rabbit Edition" filmed at my house.
Yep... we'll certainly be passing the popcorn! :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

mystang89":25qo2qe6 said:
I declare myself liable for at least 50% of the profits as the birth of the rabbits has been very astutely attributed to my presence. In retrospect any monetary gain from MissM's new litter is also covered under the "Mystang needs extra money clause" which was covered in the bylaws of the new Internets rule-set. Please don't ask questions as it is far too complicated to explain :ugeek:

Wait just a minute here, Mister! :evil:

I believe that you owe me a cut of the profits, since you have obviously taken the teachings from "MSD's Math 101" course to heart! :explanation: If you will recall, it was I that taught you how to properly count up rabbits... a "trio" consisting of four rabbits, as I am sure you remember all too well.

Obviously this accounts for the shocking lack of cage space which brings about a visit from ol' Murphy (of "Murphy's Law" fame) resulting in an inverse rabbit to cage ratio.

I demand just and fair compensation! :hobbyhors In lieu of cash, please remit cages to Chez MSD. No, and I repeat NO bunnies will be accepted.

3mina wrote:Hey Mystang, send some of that voodoo you're doing up north please. I've got two senior does I need litters out of and they aren't cooperating

:hex: On it's way! SEE, at least someone recognizes my greatness! :lol:

Hah! She may very well be reconsidering her plea...

holy-popplation-explosion-t21573.html

Miss M wrote:You are to be abducted by aliens :beammeup: , who will then do mosquito tolerance experiments on you :mosquitos: .

*Snort!* Mmm-hmm. :roll:

Miss M":25qo2qe6 said:
mystang89 wrote: In retrospect any monetary gain from MissM's new litter is also covered under the "Mystang needs extra money clause" which was covered in the bylaws of the new Internets rule-set.:ugeek:

Savings due to raising accidental meat rabbits resulting in not spending on meat is covered under Section 397.51 (d) Paragraph 3, titled "Miss M's thrifty shopping habits clause".

Eh? Good heavens, I hope you are the only one who is exempt!

Bad Habit":25qo2qe6 said:

Of all of us, you are probably the most likely to have immunity since you have so many empty cages waiting to be filled.

Bad Habit":25qo2qe6 said:

Now that just might tempt me to get satellite TV again! :p

Haha Half of those empty cages are back out in the yard, because Stella and her brats managed to rip down the plastic covering the insulation. I had to dismantle last week's work to fix it. Although I did just have a population explosion here anyway.

Mystang, can you just work your voodoo selectively? I want my NZW doe to have more than one kit next time, but I don't need ALL of my does to continue to be in hyper-productive mode. Just Tofu.

Bad Habit":nlghaswm said:
Mystang, can you just work your voodoo selectively? I want my NZW doe to have more than one kit next time, but I don't need ALL of my does to continue to be in hyper-productive mode. Just Tofu.
Judging from 3mina's experience, he's not very accurate. :eek: He hit the wrong does, and they had HUGE litters, to boot!

You ask for his help with Tofu, and Alaska will have 14 kits!

Yup, the does I wanted whammied only had thirteen between them. Downright scant after the last ones :twisted:
Even if they were all otters or selfs in all the colours I could wants

My first litter i didnt sell the last one until he was like 16wks old (i didnt do much advertising, because a friend wanted 4, she had 5... it ended up not working out... i learned from that... anything can happen...) he was in the cage with mom and sis (his sister, my sister ended up keeping) for about 12 weeks... he just knew them as mama and sister.. he never mounted them or anything... but i only kept him in the cage for that long because i didnt have an extra water bottle... but i put him in a birdcage that a friend gave me for them with 2 bowls until i sold him, and they bred him, and he produced 5 beautiful kits. (They sent me a picture)

Back