??Not Sure what this is??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crookdbeak13

Reaction score
I noticed on Wednesday that one of the 4 week old buns had a "bump" between the front shoulder blades under the skin. Doesn't feel as though it is something that would "pop", just there and don't have any idea where it came from.

This morning, I noticed that my NZxFG Buck had a "bump" on his nose, that appears to have a rub on it. Doesn't appear to be painful or full of anything.

Could it be irritation? I just recently made hay racks for all cages and he eats a ton of hay. I made them out of The same kind of fencing that is around my chicken coop. Not poultry netting or hardware cloth, but more like garden fencing (sorry...drawing a blank it has been a long day).

Should I be concerned? The buck is in his own cage, as are the mom and these 2 babies (who are being separated by Monday) are in there own cage as is my other breeder doe.

I don't think this is something that could be passed as it was a few days different and the baby had the knot show up immediately after I placed the hay rack...I think I am just concerned.

Any thoughts, suggestions??

Various hay weeds can cause problems as well as really stiff, stemmy hay. Did you see the skin of the bump on the younger one? Make sure it isn't a tick or an infected puncture from the hay or wire.

crookdbeak13":1ik94ty1 said:
... I just recently made hay racks for all cages and he eats a ton of hay. I made them out of The same kind of fencing that is around my chicken coop. Not poultry netting or hardware cloth, but more like garden fencing (sorry...drawing a blank it has been a long day).
I would look the installation over real close
smiley_search.gif
and make sure you didn't maybe leave the end of a wire exposed they are hurting themselves on.

I will definitely get pictures tomorrow. I don't see any kind of infection and no cture marks. No ticks either. The 4 wee olds are now in a different cage with no hay rack and I took the one away from the buck as well.. still stumped! <br /><br /> -- Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:55 pm -- <br /><br /> SO I went to get pictures of the knots on both buns, and the bucks has pretty well gone away after hay rack removal. The baby on the other hand, I noticed some blood near the knot, I brought her up to clean and investigate. Couldn't get pictures while doing this myself, but when I cleaned and removed the blackened scab, I noticed a hard lump of what I am to assume is pus. I removed everything and cleaned it out, then coated with blu-kote because that is what I had on hand. It didn't seem to cause any pain, but I know it needs to be opened and treated daily so it will heal from inside out. My question is....as these are meat buns ( I know, probably should have just culled, but figured it serves for experience anyway) is it safe to eat or how will I know if it is something more serious?

Back