NOT Rabbit Pellets????

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zinnia

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I ran to the Mill this morning for more precious organic rabbit pellets. Brought home four bags and had my 13 yo son pour two of them into the bin in the barn. He proceeded to feed the rabbits and brought a handful of the suspicious feed for me to see. "This doesn't look right, Mom." They were rabbit pellets all right, but half of the contents were whole corn and light powder - way too light to be rabbit pellets.

I called the mill with the lot number. They just called me back and said, "Yeah, we just opened a bag here and it's part rabbit pellets and part dust... and the dust isn't rabbit pellets, but we're not sure what it is."

Yes, they'll refund me, but... the wasted time and gas! Ugh! :x

My son's out there sifting through what we have so they can eat something until I can get to the mill. One car family and husband's at work.

I'm not sure I would feed them ANYTHING from those bags!! :/

Feed them hay to hold them over!

They said they'd exchange the two unopened bags and refund the opened ones. So, I guess if I wanted to use this mystery mix (which appears to be corn and it's dust) for another animals here, I could. We'll see, I guess. I'd try it out on my hens before anything else. I know it's grain and organic. They didn't clean the hopper out before switching to bagging my pellets.

Latest posts

Back