New to mini lops - sable chin?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunrise

Reaction score
Hi, my foster son just got his first mini lop. She is a sable chin. I've never had that color in my satins so I was wondering if someone could tell me what her genotype would be? I think sable is the cchl? If so, how would you get the chin, cchd/cchl? Also, what would be a good color to breed her with? Thanks

sunrise":i7bo9l4z said:
Hi, my foster son just got his first mini lop. She is a sable chin. I've never had that color in my satins so I was wondering if someone could tell me what her genotype would be? I think sable is the cchl? If so, how would you get the chin, cchd/cchl? Also, what would be a good color to breed her with? Thanks

It's not really a chinchilla and they call it "sable chin" when technically it should be called "sable agouti" to differentiate from the self based Siamese sables

Genetically a black sable chin would be = A_ B_ cchl_ D_ E_

Interestingly, some Mini Lop breeders told me that most of the kits in Chrissie's litter are sable chins.
I don't know where they get that from... I was told only one of them is a black chin and they seem kind of dark for blue... heck if I know.

Here's one kit (solid) buck

SC1 - 21b.jpg

sc1 - 21a.jpg

and the face of one of the broken does

SC7 - 21a.jpg

Back