New Rabbitry Name

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SyP

Reaction score
Well as you all prolly know by now we out here in California are experiencing one heck of a heat wave, so hot I think some of my rabbits are starting to learn how to swim in the pool. So far so good on all of them staying alive, cooling system seems to be working but what I did not expect was all the rattlesnakes that have shown up, mabee it's the green lawn? I have killed 4 now this week around the house and rabbitry, so many I have decided to change the name of the rabbitry, definetly seems more fitting. This last snake I killed in the garden made a great hat band, I will have to start wearing it to all the shows... :eek:fftopic3:

Attachments

• Hat Band.jpg
    Hat Band.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 370
Whoa, SyP, you better hang onto your hat at the next show we attend- otherwise it will be residing on MY head! :cowboy:

(gasp!!) Rattlesnakes! :shock: I love snakes and love to handle them but rattlsnakes scare the bajeebers outa me!! :oops: Becareful out there SyP! Love the hat band! :)
Hope that heatwave breaks for everybody effected soon!

MSD- :lol:

That's a nice hatband! I never tried rattlesnake, but they say it's pretty good. I tried to get some from the last bunch killed at work, but the meat is always spoken for before I get there.

I might have to go hunting for them on a lunch break or something if I'm ever going to try it.

Man SyP, I must be living good. with the walnut orchard right in the back yard, I figured I would have seen some snakes by now.
so far nothing except a couple of gophers.I guess the trick is to let the grass dry out and die, LOL.
that is a nice looking hat band your sporting.
I hope you see the snakes long before they see you.

There is only one good snake, and that is a DEAD snake!!

Now you need to get a pair of boots made with the next ones.

Very nice hat. And the fact that it means one less rattler out there...priceless.

I love snakes, but will kill venomous ones if I see them in our neighborhood. We made a coperhead hat band last summer, kinda like yours!

SyP,

as to why you have had so many snakes- it is because we had such a dry year. They will naturally be attracted to the smell of water, because water = green growing things which = ground squirrels, rabbits, rodents, etc.

Be careful. We haven't had any rattlers here yet this year, but I am keeping an eye out for them.

MamaSheepdog":2uzsdx90 said:
as to why you have had so many snakes- it is because we had such a dry year. They will naturally be attracted to the smell of water, because water = green growing things which = ground squirrels, rabbits, rodents, etc.

That makes sence, since the heat wave I have been watering like crazy, oh well looks like it's time to buy some more snake shot. :gun:

__________ Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:38 am __________

SatinsRule":2uzsdx90 said:
There is only one good snake, and that is a DEAD snake!!

Now you need to get a pair of boots made with the next ones.
I wish :)<br /><br />__________ Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:47 am __________<br /><br />Thanks for all the hat band compliments, I have been making these things since I was a kid. I tried a few new tricks with this one I re-wet it to soften it up and let it dry on the hat, after about 2 days it shrunk up and fit nicely. :idea:

Latest posts

Back