New project...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prisma

Reaction score
So decided to try something different. Got drinkers for hose system but really don't like how still 50 50 at keeping everyone drinking water so tried to make some half gallon waterers. So far, for 0.55 I think pretty good. Now to cure and see if work way I want. :bunnyhop:

Attachments

• 2016-03-31 23.25.51.jpg
    2016-03-31 23.25.51.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 325
  • 2016-03-31 23.25.18.jpg
    2016-03-31 23.25.18.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 325
Looks like they should work. What did you use to cement them in?

You'll have quite a bit of water left over in the bottoms of those bottles, I would have tried to get the nipples lower. What I'm thinking about doing is putting a 2 liter or so on top of each cage, attaching to nipple via tubing, easier to take off to fill than a regular bottle, even those 2 liter bottle converter nipples, but easier to manage (hopefully) than a full on watering system.

Water pipe clear cement rated for potable water/tanks/lines. I went a little over board with it, doesn't take near as much as I put on there lol.

Actually don't want them right on the bottom so that debris doesn't get into the drinkers and damages them. The last ones I had on line when they got the least bit of sediment in them they stopped working; some I got unplugged some never did so trying to avoid that. I wanted to leave enough in the bottom so if there was any debris it would settle, could be swished around, and dumped out easily if need be. Going to put the two trials on today and see how they hold up since they've cured long enough now. Initial filling they hold really well. Cap on top so I don't even have to move them unless need to clean.

Back