New babies just today!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TariLynn

Reaction score
Our little red Mini Rex doe just had five baby kits today! We saw her earlier this morning running around with tufts of fur in her mouth and I knew it would be soon - just not this soon! I figured tomorrow morning - but when we came back at 3:00 pm - they had already arrived! Hope to post pics later! :bunnyhop:

When can you begin to tell? I am pretty sure there are no dark ones because all of them have pink skin and my lonley baby mini rex had black skin when she was first born.

Here are some pictures of the mommy and her new babes. Well - having a bit of trouble so I will keep working on it. For some reason the picture is too big. Not sure why - still trying to figure that out.

Hey - I think I got it! :)

Attachments

• Scarlet beside her babies.jpg
    Scarlet beside her babies.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Scarlet's babies.jpg
    Scarlet's babies.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 1,039
You got it! Next time will be easier. :)

Your doe is soooo pretty. Such a sweet lil bunny face.

Can't see too much of the babies, but it does look like there is a haze of fur beginning. Shouldn't be too long until you can see the colours. ;)

That's great! We just got a look at our first little too. They came out of their burrow for the first time, we didn't even know anyone had kindled. Such a nice surprise!

Thanks MaggieJ and Miss M - she is really sweet tempered too. I love her red color - very clean.

DanaYares - neat website!

The buck is also red. My girls and I was looking at them yesterday afternoon and it looks like two, maybe three are going to be red and the others are going to be something darker. Tomorrow we will post some new pictures.

She's beautiful! Please share more pics when the kits get older. :)

The buck has red, castor and tortoise in his background and the doe has red, lynx, opal, and broken red. Does this mean I might have all of the possibilities? Does anyone think I will have any unshowable colors?

Nope! :) You will not have all the possibilities because both your rabbits are non-extension agouti. The only thing you might watch out for is if the doe is carrying dilute. Broken cannot show-up because both rabbits are solid. Tort "can" if the doe has a self gene as well as the buck. Lynx is dilute and chocolate -based. Because of the non extension you will only get reds and torts and "maybe" dilute red or fawn which in all probability will only show up in limited numbers which could be petted out..

Sad news - we lost all of them today and we can't seem to find any reason for the loss. They don't have any marks on them and they look like they were getting fed. It hasn't been really cold here. The girls and I are sad! I know that this was not her first litter either either. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might of happened?

Latest posts

Back