Neighbors Rabbit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bandits Bunny Farm

Reaction score
So last night, 2 little girls from across the street came to my house with 4 bunnies (cant be more than 3 or 4 days old), saying that the mother abandoned them. I took the bunnies, which did not apper to have been abandoned, and then later went over to get the whole story. The rabbit is totally free range, they said that she had the kits in a lawnmower bag, and they crawled across the yard, next to another lawnmower ( :shock: )

We were able to catch ma, and I said I'd borrow her for a few weeks and keep an eye on them.

The dam looks to be a red tipped steel polish
20140715_102443.jpg

I have no idea what sire is (they got rid of him because the were having too may babies :? ), but the kits appear to be Chocolate
20140715_102710.jpg

VM Black (theres a white paw... I tried to get a picture of it but it moved :| )
20140715_102724.jpg

VM Tort (my fave)
20140715_102732.jpg

and a Frosty or Smoke or something... it aint white tho ;)
20140715_102742.jpg

anyway, just thought I'd share

WOW... :shock: At least they got rid of the buck so they wouldn't have any more! The Mamma just looks to be sun bleached to me, but could still possibly be a Steel of some kind.

Oh and they have at least 3 bunnies sharing a hutch with a kitten, from the same parents (the kits are from a past litter. But they are sharing a hutch with a CAT. (Granted, its a kitten, and my cat is afraid of my rabbits (my cat is the poster child of a scaredy cat :lol: ) :evil: . They appeared to be old enough to sell... I'll probably talk to my parents and offer to take those ones too, and figure out what to do with them

How big is the momma? My friend in the next town over from me is looking into getting rex bunnies but she is looking for a small bun for her son. No more than 4lbs. Otherwise they are to big for him to pick up safely. She might be interested in one of them.

Red tipped steel is totally not a color. :lol:

There are only silver tipped (chinchilla based) and gold tipped (agouti based) possible with steel.

Whatever color that rabbit is, she also seems to have some urine staining or sunburn on her fur.

Sagebrush":3sp4ezlo said:
How big is the momma? My friend in the next town over from me is looking into getting rex bunnies but she is looking for a small bun for her son. No more than 4lbs. Otherwise they are to big for him to pick up safely. She might be interested in one of them.

she looks like shes a polish, so shes not super big. shes a little bit smaller than a mini rex...not sure of weight though.

Zass":3sp4ezlo said:
Red tipped steel is totally not a color. :lol:
oops :oops:

Zass":3sp4ezlo said:
Whatever color that rabbit is, she also seems to have some urine staining or sunburn on her fur.
its probably sunburn, but she sure is pretty

I think the chocolate kit is a Siamese sable as the creamy one is a sable point and I think the doe is a seal or a very sun bleached black which is possible if she is free range :)

The black kit could be a seal as well - seals tend to look like black coffee and a have slight brown tinge.

Seals and Siamese sables tend to change colour and get a shimmer like satin to their fur as they mature and they often lighten with age as well.

Dood":2naf4rpp said:
The black kit could be a seal as well - seals tend to look like black coffee and a have slight brown tinge.

The black one is black. there is no doubt about it lol. its just vienna marked. the chocolate could be siamese sable
... we just have to see :D

They opened their eyes today! So theyre about a week old. Heres some pics

heres the VM Tort kit
Tort kit.jpg

heres the VM Black kit
Vienna Marked Black kit.jpg

heres the Pointed White kit
Pointed White kit.jpg

heres the Chocolate/Siamese Sable/Seal kit
Chocolate or Siamese Sable kit.jpg <br /><br /> -- Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:45 pm -- <br /><br /> Unfortunately the VM Black kit died today. I moved them to a hutch outside because 3 of them got out of the cage in the garage, but it was hot, so the black one died. The other 3 I brought inside and their doing good

Its actually kina cute because it almost looks like the chocolate kit has an astrex coat coz its really wavier unlike the other 2 <br /><br /> -- Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:53 pm -- <br /><br /> Here are updated pics of the babies

Attachments

• VM Chocolate kit.jpg
    VM Chocolate kit.jpg
    534.9 KB · Views: 264
  • Pointed kit.jpg
    Pointed kit.jpg
    504.5 KB · Views: 264
  • Tort kit.jpg
    Tort kit.jpg
    557.2 KB · Views: 264
Back