naming your rabbitry?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dark.lapin

Reaction score
I have been having trouble on deciding on what to name my rabbitry. My first idea was to name my rabbitry after my family's Irish name which is o'mera. I have also considered ferncrest rabbitry or farm.
I raise Flemish giants and I kind of want more of an unusual name for my rabbitry. How did you name your rabbitry or what do people normally name their rabbityr after?

Our place is Stump Acres. The front of our property had been logged in preparation for a vineyard before the folks that owned it ran out of money. They left over 70 stumps. We've since had all but 2 of them removed. I told hubby they can't go, or I would be a liar. lol<br /><br />__________ Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:50 pm __________<br /><br />Our place is Stump Acres. The front of our property had been logged in preparation for a vineyard before the folks that owned it ran out of money. They left over 70 stumps. We've since had all but 2 of them removed. I told hubby they can't go, or I would be a liar. lol

My Rabbitry name is DevonGlen. The name has nothing to do with the fact my first name is Devon.

We used to breed and show Jack Russell Terriers, the Kennel name was DevonCourt since JRT's were developed in Devonshire England, and at the time we started raising them we were living on a Court. When I moved on to rabbits we were no longer living on a court, I kept the Name Devon and used the word Glen instead of court because you're more likely to find rabbits in a Glen then a Court.

We are "Wanna B"

Wanna B Rabbitry, and Wanna B is just something Icame up with. It seemed dorky, and unpretentious. I liked it a lot. :)

My first doe I saved, I named "Wanna B's Lunar Eclipse"

I love my name, and I think that no matter what you pick, make sure you love it. :)

Welcome to RabbitTalk, Dark Lapin (Cool name, by the way)!

In a fit of lack of inspiration, I named ours 24 Carrot Rabbitry. :lol: Others have said they like it, though. Not quite as unique as I'd like, since you'd see from a Google search of "24 carrot" that I certainly didn't think of it first. :?

I think a name incorporating your family name would sound really neat, and I also like Ferncrest (Farm in particular). Sounds green, and misty, and at the top of a hill. :)

I like "O'mera's Flemish Giants" or something. I think using a family name is a great idea, especially when you have a pretty and distinctive one.

I don't have a rabbitry name either, but I am mulling over something to do with my first name, Brandy, since I will be breeding reds, and if later I breed some other color, it will still be my name.

(for any nickelodeon fans, my actual name is Brandy Harrington. Which means I should have a buck named "Mr. Whiskers" some where...)

I don't do Nick, but now I have to go do some Googling. lol

My original idea for a farm name Frosted Acres- had an idea behind it that is now pretty much burned put-- i doubt Ican make it happen. But that will remain my rabbitry name,,simply because somehow i HAVE to keep part of my dream alive.
I am an Environemntal Science major- and Robert Frost was very much into the environment- Two of his poems are very much a part of me,"The Road Less Travelled" and "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

"For I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep"

Frosted Rabbits":3nd8thiv said:
My original idea for a farm name Frosted Acres- had an idea behind it that is now pretty much burned put-- i doubt Ican make it happen. But that will remain my rabbitry name,,simply because somehow i HAVE to keep part of my dream alive.
I am an Environemntal Science major- and Robert Frost was very much into the environment- Two of his poems are very much a part of me,"The Road Less Travelled" and "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"

"...two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference..."

Favorite quote ever :)

We are Tomcat Rabbitry because my husband is Tom and I am Cait. There's a rabbit couple back home whose last names are Cheeseman and Burger so they're Cheeseburger Rabbitry.

Pick something close to your heart, whether it is a person or an ideal etc. My two favorites were Philosophy Farm Rabbits and Modern Rebellion Rabbitry. The first came from the fact that my boyfriend’s nickname for me is the Philosopher Farmer....my degree combined with the fact that I like nothing more than playing in dirt and growing stuff ;) While I liked it, and still do I ultimately went with my gut and picked Modern Rebellion Rabbitry. Why? Easy, it was the idea behind it all. Behind the garden, learning to can my own food, make my own bread, raise & butcher my own meat.....and so much more. In this age of consumerism and greed (especially So Cal!) what could be more rebellious than turning your back on it, flipping off corporate America and saying, "No thank you, I can do it myself and do it better!" I am not some useless, mewling woman shunning good old fashioned domestic arts. I am taking a stand (though it is a small one) and doing the most modernly dangerous thing out there.....learning to be independent. One day I hope to be off the grid and giving it my all.....but I am taking the biggest strides I can in the situation I am in. So while Philosophy Farms is cute......Modern Rebellion is a force to be reckoned with. Every rabbit that enters the world here represents that to me. That is my story :)

Ok, so our last name starts with a "P" and there are 5 of us....does "5P Rabbitry" sound too dumb? I drew this cute little pea pod with five peas in it, thinking it might work for a logo...

ChopSuey":1h99kg89 said:
I think it is great Shannon!

Kind of anti-climactic after your explanation of how you got your name! :oops: I love your rabbitry name and the story behind it. Need to put my thinking cap on and come up with some good words that start with "P" that can lend some philosophical 'flair' to that name as well! LOL :lol:

__________ Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:03 pm __________

Here is my quick little scribble for the logo...not totally mine. I saw one like it with three peas on the internet and thought....I could draw something like that!

Attachments

• 5PRabbitryLogo.jpg
    5PRabbitryLogo.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 601
Shara":1yzf3ti8 said:
I like it. :)
Maybe Sweet Pea Rabbitry?

Shara,
I thought of that too, but it seemed too "sweet" for a MEAT rabbitry...you know? I don't want the name to conjure visions of sweet, fluffy bunnies, seeing as how they will be eaten... :x I don't know....cute is easy....deep takes...well, depth! :lol: :lol:

thanks everyone for all the suggestions. The only reason I choose to use my irish family name because I always have felt closer to irish side of family.
ChopSuey":fovl7q0e said:
Pick something close to your heart, whether it is a person or an ideal etc. My two favorites were Philosophy Farm Rabbits and Modern Rebellion Rabbitry. The first came from the fact that my boyfriend’s nickname for me is the Philosopher Farmer....my degree combined with the fact that I like nothing more than playing in dirt and growing stuff ;) While I liked it, and still do I ultimately went with my gut and picked Modern Rebellion Rabbitry. Why? Easy, it was the idea behind it all. Behind the garden, learning to can my own food, make my own bread, raise & butcher my own meat.....and so much more. In this age of consumerism and greed (especially So Cal!) what could be more rebellious than turning your back on it, flipping off corporate America and saying, "No thank you, I can do it myself and do it better!" I am not some useless, mewling woman shunning good old fashioned domestic arts. I am taking a stand (though it is a small one) and doing the most modernly dangerous thing out there.....learning to be independent. One day I hope to be off the grid and giving it my all.....but I am taking the biggest strides I can in the situation I am in. So while Philosophy Farms is cute......Modern Rebellion is a force to be reckoned with. Every rabbit that enters the world here represents that to me. That is my story :)
I love your rabbitry name and thanks for sharing sutch a cool story. One day I also want to be an indpendent farmer living off the land and drawing. I haven't considerd using my flemish giant for meat yet. I really want to try rabbit though.
Anntann":fovl7q0e said:
Before you decide, give the candidates "the sound test". Say them outloud. Have someone else say them TO you.

also, if you are thinking you'll have a website, check availability of your chosen name. like: http://www.ferncrest.com. or http://www.ferncrestrabbits.com (although the simple 'ferncrest' is easier to remember and type)
I haven't thought of doing that yet. thanks for the suggestion.
Frosted Rabbits":fovl7q0e said:

I love your rabbitry name and robert frost is one of my favorite poets.

Latest posts

Back