Name that CHAMP!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PSFAngoras

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I'm totally out of name ideas lately, so I'm calling for help!

I just got a buck/doe pair. Need to find names for them. I wasn't sure if I wanted to stick to my plant theme, or do something related to the fact that they are a french breed / silver colored, etc.

All suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Champs.jpg
    Champs.jpg
    270.2 KB · Views: 284
which is the male and which is the female in the pic...since they look a bit different would help people giving suggestions know which is which:)

I think French names would be cool!

We have a white leghorn hen with a flop-over comb that she thinks it the latest fashion hat from Paris. She flaunts it! We call her Clothilde. :lol:

The buck is the darker one on the left and the doe is the lighter one on the right.

Both are still pretty shy, though the breeder said they were friendly. I'm assuming he has a very large rabbitry, and that his version of friendly Is just that they aren't aggressive, not my version of friendly where I'm pushing my kits back in the door because if they try any harder for pets they're going to fall out of the cage. :)

Héloise and Abelard?

Napoleon and Josephine?

Eleanor and Louis? (or Eleanor and Henri) for Eleanor of Aquitaine and her two royal husbands, Louis IX of France and Henry II of England.

Oooh, I think Pierre really fits for the buck, he is pretty handsom like the Pierre I sat next to in one of my college classes :)

I also like the idea of being able to call the doe Jo, but Jolie makes me think of the actress Angelina Jolie, who I think is a bit fake.

But Josephina led me to Jocelyn, it's a man's name in France but its feminine here.

Jocelyn and Pierre it is! WOOT! Now I can list them on my website!

Thanks all!

Yup, I've been pretty smitten with champs for a while, and had a trio reserved with another breeder before, but had to back out due to unforeseen circumstances. I wouldn't have seen these guys if I don't stay so long, but now I'm glad I did!

Also, I was five dollars short in cash of getting them at first, so I walked outside to find my friend and see if she was ready to leave, and the first thing I saw when I stepped out the door was an ATM. It's like it was meant to be! :p

Latest posts

Back