my rabbit transport carrier review!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollysrabbits

Reaction score
I get so much from this site, I thought I should give back a little bit more. So with the upcoming move we decided the easiest way to transport would be to buy the transport cages. I bought 1 from kw & 3 from bass equipment. Sorry I could not post pics, my laptop is giving me trouble, so this is being typed on my tablet.

so first is the KW cages 3 hole carrier.
very solid carrier I like it very much and was a great investment. solid dividers, comes with carrying handles, solid metal waste pan, very secure lock overall high quality, what I DON'T LIKE is the compartents open at the same time meaning there is only 1 "lid" for all three compartments, I didnt think this was gonna be a big deal till I loaded 2 kits in each compartment to take to a customer, you can't open 1 compartment without opening them all! Talk about juggling escaping rabbits. My wife was laughing too hard to even help. Overall a 7 out of 10 in my opinion.

next is the BASS.
this is also a pretty solid design, not as nice of quality as the KW but I feel the design is better.
so this is also the 3 hole design but the the compartments open individually, the waste pan is also solid metal, not a huge fan of the way pan attaches to the carrier (not faulty or anything works great, just not a fan) now for what I DON'T LIKE the carriers have no handles (but you can buy them separately :roll: ) there are no solid dividers BUT the holes do not share common walls so no need to worry about fur chewing. I gave this one an 8 out out of 10 because the compartment were a big deal to me. Hope my little review helps!

My BASS carriers have the plastic trays- I would not recommend that option at all. They become brittle over time.

I also have the KW carriers, and really like them. The metal rod that reinforces the lid is a nice touch.

Miss M":8gn073l6 said:
Transport carrier... handles sold separately. :shock:

Great review! :)

I won't say I was mad, more disappointed by that, I think bass makes great stuff, but this is twice this has happened to me, I bought their feeders & picture shows a lid, guess what? The lid to the feeder is sold separately, not a big deal in socal, very little rain, but now when I move, I have to buy 10 lids! Its not the money either, in the scheme of things its $1.96, but it is an inconvenience which I dislike having.

Latest posts

Back