My new table top rabbit dispatcher! WARNING! Graphic!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent devise to dispatch. Thanks so much for sharing. And like Anne Claire, l laughed at the bunny model too. Was expecting something else when I saw "graphic". lol.

Karen

ZRabbits":265sye99 said:
Excellent devise to dispatch. Thanks so much for sharing. And like Anne Claire, l laughed at the bunny model too. Was expecting something else when I saw "graphic". lol.

Karen

I am glad it amused someone. My daughter said I traumatized her bunny :roll: :lol:

dragonladyleanne":18bbxxty said:
Ok, speaking of blood . . . several of my friends have said "oh just slit their throat" (granted, most said that's how their dad or uncle or superman did it, no personal experience), but I do NOT want blood spraying all over me. I thought the Rabbit Wringer looked easy, quick and humane, anyone with firsthand testimony? And do you still need to "bleed out" afterward? If so, why? Just to make cutting up less messy, or some "the meat will rot if you don't" thing?

I use a Wringer and it is easy, quick and humane. I just posted a link to some videos of me using it.

using-a-rabbit-wringer-t12606.html<br /><br />__________ Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:25 am __________<br /><br />Gbov, I like your table top dispatcher very much! I may have the hubs build one of these to use on larger rabbits that are harder to position in the Wringer. Thanks!

Whipple":2cizvrhj said:
This looks awesome! Wanna build me one? Serious, I'll buy it.

I would love to but I think shipping from Florida to your neck of the woods might be a bit much, its a very long way :lol:

The key componant in the entire thing is finding a way to hinge the bar as the table bit is easy to make, its just two by fours screwed together with one by fours for the top bit where the rabbit stands. And it doesnt have to hinge onto a movable platform, it could attach to a work table or a desk or a kitchen countertop.

But that hinge, it took a bit to find something that would work.

I thought it was a guillotine at first but got what it was finally. Looks like a great idea. I'd patent that as well....before I do :p

Like Maggie said patenting might be a good idea. I mean there's peeps on a stick that sell out the wazoo and that's like stupid simple lol so it's a good idea I think :)

grumpy":2qfbz29g said:
I've got a feed cleaner I made 25 years ago that removes the dust and dirt from all kinds of feed. Including "fines" from rabbit pellets. I've thought for a long time about patenting it. But, like yourself, the money's never been there for the patenting process.

I may take some pics of it here in a few days and "share" it with the rest of the world. LOL. It's a nifty little machine that cleans grain and pellets better than anything I've ever seen. I can clean a 50# bag of pellets in about 5 or 10 minutes. I guarantee you, there will not be three grams of fines left in the feed when I'm through with it.

grumpy.

Please please share the pics!! :cheesysmile:

I just hold them up by the hind feet with my left hand and hold the ears out with my right for a moment to settle them down, then with a swift karate chop down at the base of the ears I sever their necks and blood vessels in the skull. I throw a loop of para cord around their back feet and hang them to finish bleeding out. I can dispatch 5 to 6 in the time it takes the first to finish bleeding out. INSTANT DEATH, NO PAIN, NO MESS, NO BLOOD STAINED MEAT. They bled out through the nose. I can do a batch and have them in the freezer/frig in less than half an hour. My dad lost the end of his left index finger at the base of the fingernail doing a critter with a hatchet. It lurched forward at the last moment taking his hand under the blade. But that is a different story for another time. I have an old really big paper cutter in the basement. If I get back into rabbits maybe I will drag it out.

If you decide to make and sell these one day, I'm practically a neighbor. :cheesysmile:

jwms":2639ewwd said:
I just hold them up by the hind feet with my left hand and hold the ears out with my right for a moment to settle them down, then with a swift karate chop down at the base of the ears

wait... how many hands do you have?!
One holding the feet, one the ears... which one chops?!

TF3":3hffrg9x said:
jwms":3hffrg9x said:
I just hold them up by the hind feet with my left hand and hold the ears out with my right for a moment to settle them down, then with a swift karate chop down at the base of the ears

wait... how many hands do you have?!
One holding the feet, one the ears... which one chops?!

Great minds thinking alike as I had the same question! :lol:

__________ Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:33 am __________

Sali":3hffrg9x said:
If you decide to make and sell these one day, I'm practically a neighbor. :cheesysmile:

I STILL havnt gotten settled enough to make them to sell but its on my list (very, veeeeeeery long list!) but if and when I do, I shall let you know. :D <br /><br /> __________ Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:36 am __________ <br /><br />
ladysown":3hffrg9x said:
how long and wide is that thing? What did you find to be the optimal length for the steel rod?

It was 12 inches wide and 20 inches long and the rod was about 2 ft long.

I was planning a rebuild as it was both too small - hence tippy in use - and the kill bar needed to be longer.

If I get back to that project I think a bolt down version so it can clamp to a table or bench will work better than a stand alone and DEFF a longer bar so it takes less effort to use.

Not trying to put a cloud over this patent idea. But it is simply a paper with out the sharpe edge.

I once watched a series of YouTube videos which the man explained it great detail, in simple terms. He respectfully explained terms some people would not know The meaning of.He Then sold the complete drawings with illustrations for $10.

it would have been extremely simple to do the math based on his excellent demonstration and explanation. So, I did the right thing and purchased his designs.

There were so many other videos which shown the same common raised garden bed concrete forms. But he did a great job.

I am not going to name the company so you don’t think I am getting benefit for promoting him.

so, back to the dispatch guillotine bar. If you did a great video on how to make it, how to use it. Make it from food safe materials and start a channel.
it’s a great design. Needs cleaned up and you could make many thousands of dollars wth out the cost of a patent lawyer and the possible 2 year waiting time.

make good videos and make some coin.
good luck either way, good job.

Latest posts

Back