My new LGD pup. Pix included

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jollysrabbits

Reaction score
so I got my Anatolian LGD pup, DUKE is 7 weeks old, purebred anatolian. I did not get his pedigree (but saw the parents and their akc registration) but because i did not bug the lady about paperwork I got the pup for 1/3 the price! anywho seems to have a great temperment, keeps growling at my doberman LOL. very attentive, watches everything around him. I hoping and looking forward to many years of working with my pup! the first 2 are of the pup of course, the last one is my 1 yr old dobie/boxer mix taking his blanket so the pup can't have it. :lol: I will try to get some better pics of the pup up later, gotta go to wally world!

thanks, do any of you guys feed your LGD's raw? The breeder said it is counter productive, they might be tempted to eat a newborn kid or chicks at the scent of blood. What do you guys think?

What a sweet face!

Congrats on the new pup! :)

I give my Pyr raw rabbit every once in a while, and our Aussies get it too.

Our RT member Caroline feeds her LGD's raw exclusively, and they are kept with her sheep.

As far as the feeding goes, I think a good part of it ties into how well the dogs are trained, and how good their flock instinct is. I would be concerned starting him on it until he was well trained and trustworthy myself.

He sure is one great looking pup.
I hope I get to see him at our meeting on 6-5.
Congrats.

oh yeah, he will be there, always hard to imagine these helpless pups becoming guardians one day. He hides between my legs and growls if something scares him, lol. I took a second look at your americans as well and re-evalauted, so your buck is the same, but an even better doe popped out, they always change about the 8 week mark, that's when you can really start deciding who to keep. She has hips on her like a sports illustrated bikini models (plus sized edition) hahahaha LOL

Latest posts

Back