My new hare! :D

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
Now I have him! My new hare! :p He makes me happy.

I had read about belgian hares that they're temperamental, easily spooked and stressful (why did I want one anyway? :? ) but he's SOOOOO sweat! I'm gonna call him Sir Pet-a-lot. He's even cuddlier than Kori! :O

And so pretty! Smaller than I thought (I had no sense of size on them xD I knew the weight but not how big that would be in a slim body.. :lol: )

Here he is in his quarantine cage :)

1468669_596930570341989_880561744_n.jpg

1424424_596931160341930_1767277720_n.jpg

I plan to take more pictures tomorow :) Better quality.

He's very handsome!

:congratulations:

I can't wait to see him romping around. :)

Thank you :D

I wonder how he'll react to a harness.. I think he'll accept it just fine..

Awww, he's so cute! Good luck with him. ...Are there rabbit hopping competitions in his future? :D

He's so cute!

Ok, ignorant question :?, are belgian hares just the name of the rabbit, like silver foxes are a rabbit not a fox :lol: ? So he's a rabbit, not an actual hare?

Haha, maybe I'll try jumping him.. xD

CochinBrahmaLover: Yes, Belgian hares are rabbits :)
Otherwise I'd have no luck crossbreeding like I plan to :lol:

I'm so happy to have found this breeder. She has calm, lovely rabbits of all the right breeds :p she's nearby and she was really nice. I may end up getting more stock from her..<br /><br />__________ Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:48 am __________<br /><br />Oooh I love this rabbit!
He needed a nail-trim (the breeder offered to do it there and then but we figured I could just as well do it today or tomorrow) and he was just like "Ok stranger.. you're picking me up and cutting my feet? Sure, I'll just rlax here in the meanwhile." :in_love: Then with his newly trimmed feet he hopped a bit oddly and shook them, like "hm.. this feels weird.." :lol:

I'm in love with this hare. I think I need more hares. I think I'll place doelings with him after weaning, so he can teach them how to behave. :?

For being a hare though, he has quite the resemblene of a beagle.
1459177_597126133655766_473226308_n.jpg

I love his colour, and muscles, and temprament and size and eyes.. the colour loving may be because I'm sooo bored of black-only rabbits :lol: but he's pretty.. and soft, and shiny..
1461585_597126163655763_1725586515_n.jpg

1391708_597126623655717_1296878709_n.jpg

(ooh, a hole! I can see my cage from here!)
1468651_597126806989032_991533052_n.jpg

What an incredibly handsome rabbit he is!

Congrats! And congrats to Sir Pet-a-Lot for being lucky enough to wind up with Zab.

Naw, thanks :)

Yesterday I made a floor to the ''free range'' pen (which will be the free range pen.)This is relevant to Petalot because Kori and the girls will move out here soonish and first then can Peta move into Koris cage :p

hehe, It's a ''Gawd I just wanna be done with it already!"-work. Wood for some (I plan to make/place a house with a waterproof roof under the open part of the roof. So they can get sun when it's sunny and sit in the house if it rains.) I'm concidering to pour concrete between the bricks and the stones. My main purpose of the floor is that we have clay soil and like three rainy seasons in a year. this way they won't get muddy and dirty. There is already a wire beneth everything.

One picture is from the door, the other from the other side of the pen. :)

golv.jpg

Latest posts

Back