My First Rabbits Update: Pics.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themangoavenger

Reaction score
I'm off to pick up my first rabbits. I've had some difficulties getting to this point, which I don't have time to write about now. Will update with pictures later today or tomorrow.

The suspense is killing me!!!

Hurry back and post the full details with pics!

I'm going to REPORT you for HIT-AND-RUN posting like this. It is inexcusable! We want to see PICTURES!!! Pleeeeeze! Hurry, hurry, hurry!!! :D

Found it

toetap.gif

skysthelimit":2ub46pdk said:

YES!!!

Way to go, Sky!!!

:thankyou:

:wbounce:

We must now make an official request to Midnight Coder to add it to the Smileys! :p

This was a big experience for me. To type it all out may take a while, so I'll do it in chunks.

Part One, The Bad Stuff
I made arrangements Saturday to pick up bunnies Monday. This left me Sunday to finish building hutches and pick up supplies. That day I was wearing pants with no pockets so I tied a sweatshirt around my waist and used one of it's pockets to hold my wallet and at some point in the trip, I lost my wallet. I'm still kicking myself for that. After checking around at the stores and parking lots where I'd been, I was pretty burnt out and I still had hutches to build. Worst part for me emotionally was that some of the money in it, was the money I'd especially saved aside to only spend on something I really wanted.

Sunday night, had trouble getting to sleep because I was nervous and had set the alarm but forgot to turn it on, so I didn't wake up until I heard my Dad starting to get ready an hour after I'd wanted to start getting ready. The day of, we still had to clean out his car to have room for everything.

In case anyone was more than pretend upset, I apologize, I posted early because I was stressed and wanted someone to feel happy for me. For those of you who are impatient, here's the pictures, taken in haste.

Eva, Doe
2012-06-04_22-44-34_959.jpg

Zara, Doe
2012-06-04_22-41-36_985.jpg

Haven't decided on a name, Buck
2012-06-04_22-40-14_473.jpg

Oh my, is that Rex fur I see !!!!!

Looks like you got a nice Red, Broken Black and an Opal.

Mangoavenger, you don't want to take us seriously when we demand pictures. We love pictures, but we were just razzing you! :razz:

Sorry to hear about you losing your wallet. I think it happens to everyone ONCE... and we are a lot more careful thereafter. It is very upsetting.

You bunnies look VERY nice! Lovely soft rex fur and very pretty colours and markings. :)

I am so sorry you lost your wallet! That's scary and a hassle, too! :(

Maggie's right. Nobody on here will ever ACTUALLY be mad at you for not posting pictures. Pretending like we're mad and impatient is just our way of showing how excited we are for you... and a way of getting back at you for teasing us with tales with no pictures. :razz: It's all just in fun. :)

Those are some beautiful buns you brought home with you! :mbounce:

Ok, I like the looks of them rabbits,dont know anything about rex, is that what they are? I think you picked good looking rabbits, looks like they can produce some good meat bunnys. Not to small, not too big, dont have them goofy ears that flop, not to fuzzy.,,,They look just right.

Do we get to see some pics of you hutches. Are you gonna be feeding them pellets,what brand? How old are they?
Im full of questions. I get tired of all these other rabbits i see that are just too cute to eat or not big enough.

Toastedoats, rabbits are multi-purpose animals. While I raise them for meat, I can appreciate them as pets, as show animals, as producers of wool and as agility animals. It doesn't all have to be about producing food.

"Rabbits for profit, rabbits for fun...
Rabbits for just about everyone!"

Lol, I know MaggieJ, i was more refering to the rabbits i been looking at in my area, i have yet to find anyone that raises meat rabbits.

And,,Cait, dont rex and mini rex look the same other than size?

They are beautiful, Mangoavenger! Congratulations! Don't mind us demanding pictures all the time- we are just happy for you, and we know how nice it is to get comments on our own rabbits, and like to return the favor. :)

Sorry to hear about your wallet. :( Hopefully a nice person will find it and return it to you.

Despite the bad things that happened, you found some lovely rabbits, and that's the important thing to those of us suffering from Rabbitosis!

Of course, the suffering only occurs when we can't scratch the itch :) speaking from experience.
The only thing worse than losing your wallet is finding it again after you've replaced everything in it, ask me how I know this.
Congrats on the gorgeous rabbits :)

toastedoat37":2ghlyd55 said:
Lol, I know MaggieJ, i was more refering to the rabbits i been looking at in my area, i have yet to find anyone that raises meat rabbits.

And,,Cait, dont rex and mini rex look the same other than size?

No actually they don't.

I'm not sure how to describe it, only to say that a good mini rex looks more like a basket ball, and a good rex has a more gentle rising slope. Anyone want to give it a try?

Depending on the age, you can't really tell if it's a rex or a mini rex, these could be young rexes.

toastedoat37":3okpapsg said:
thankyou sky, i looked at pics,,, i never paid much attention to the mini rex before, to small to capture my attention. I see what your saying.

I never paid much attention to then either, until I realized that people don't want to buy full size Rexes as pets, they want minis, so I started raising them too.

Back