My book (will soon be) IS RELEASED!!!!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zab

Reaction score
So..I just found out that the book I'm writing with Boyd Craven Jr (authour to the "Backyard Meat Rabbits" and "Beyond the Pellet" books of the Urban Rabbit Project) is supposed to be released in the start of next month :p

http://theurbanrabbitproject.com/2013/11/22/feed-back-first-contest-second/
Hey everyone, we’re just putting the finishing touches on “Rabbits In Colonies” (Volume 3) co-authored with Zab Nilsson. It should hit Amazon and Createspace December 1, 2013 it looks like! Zab owns the group by the same name Rabbits In Colonies. Check it out!

The book is - as the title say - about colony raising rabbits. My part is more or less describing the things I've experienced with my own colony, thoughts I have and things I find important. I'm not excluding my mistakes either, as my hope is that people who read it will avoid making the same mistakes :) Now I havn't written the whole book.. maybe half or something, so it's not just my experiences. Although I havn't read it yet so I'm unsure what more there are in it ;)

It will be available both as an e-book and in paperback.. and I must say I'm excited about having my own book in paperback in my hand. It's a special feeling to be published. And a bit nervous.. what have I written in there? What if people won't agree? What if I change my mind about things later? :x But well.. as it is - it is.
Mostly I'm just excited though! :lol:

The picture has nothing to do with the book, I just figured I needed a picture here.
1452145_602799553088424_1027591875_n.jpg

Thank you both! :D

hehe..yes, this is in the end of november in Sweden. Who many thought there'd be snow? ;)

That's awesome, Congrats on the book!!!! Your picture is cute, did they try to run away at all?

Yeah.. maybe I'll make a revision.. perhaps..

Asinaway: :) They hop around a bit but when they get starteled they run back to home, so they're quite easy to lock up. I'm not completely free ranging them yet though.

So I downloaded the book. I have amazon prime so it was free? Let me know when the paperback comes out and I'll buy it. I like to support writers.

Thank you :) I don't know how or why its freecfor prime users (not even sure what that is) but its all good :p Hope you find it ok :)

I'm about halfway through (on the section about bedding types) and I'm really enjoying reading this! There are a lot of bedding options that I've never really considered.

Also, it's made me think more on my parrot aviaries as a duel purpose room. Right now, I have three aviaries. 1 25 feet long by 13 feet wide, and two 13 feet by 13 feet.

I have muscovy ducks growing out in one 13 feet by 13 feet, a breeding rabbit pair in the larger one and in the other 13 feet by 13 feet I currently have the grow out rabbits.

My macaws in the large aviary have finally started to not bother the rabbits at all, and enjoy tossing the rabbits food from their dish... LOL So maybe my larger aviary can house more rabbits than I currently have in there. I would need to find some "macaw proof" nesting areas though as I don't fully trust the macaws not to kill tiny baby rabbits by "playing" with them.

Ohhh your book is inspiring so many ideas!

Thank you! :D I'm happy to hear that! And to be honest I'm a bit afraid that people will be disappointed in it.. so I'm happy for everyone who say they're not :lol:

When you read it, if you'd like, then please post a review on amazon? :) If you have the time and all, of course. But it would be nice :)

I don't really know how macaws are.. but could something with a tunnel entrance work? Maybe a fenced-off area with a tunnel entrance and a lower fence inside, so that the rablets can't jump out untill they're old/agile enough?

Yaay, I had a good idea! :D

I googled macaws... so THOSE are macaw! We call them Aror. I always wanted one when I was a kid. They're stunning.

So pretty! And not just the colour but the shape of their wings and length of their tail is just perfect!

Yeah when you keep them in a healthier setting and encourage flight they are so much healthier. they are the primary reason we moved to Hawaii. To give them a better life.

Now if I can run 3-4 does and 1 buck in that aviary that would be so cool!

Latest posts

Back