My Angora update

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasharia

Reaction score
We have 2 adults one is my buck chocolate MR.Freeman and my REW doe Ivory. I let the breeder I got them from to breed MR.Freeman to her 8 Leg fawn doe. She had 3 kits and I get to choose one to keep. Then Ivory had 2 kits they are 12 days and I think they are both girls. They are chocolate and chocolate point. So now I am up to 5 angoras. Then the breeder has been talking to Betty Chu and got to get a pair from her. She spent a total of 1400 to get the 2 bunnies here in FL. The good part I can use the Buck she got to breed to my best doe and I think I will have 4 to choose from. She is chargeing me a stud fee of $300 but I think it is worth it. to have part of a Betty line in mine you know. I am so happy to just get the chance to do that.

please post some pictures of babies and good luck ..what type of angora rabbit are the ones you mentioned

English Angora and all of Betty's are gold star champions. That means that everyone on the pedigree is a champion very awesome bunnies. I will get pics of the babies they just opened there eyes they are 2 weeks old.

Jasharia":n0wa7s66 said:
English Angora and all of Betty's are gold star champions. That means that everyone on the pedigree is a champion very awesome bunnies. I will get pics of the babies they just opened there eyes they are 2 weeks old.
woah and to think I thought finding a master flemish giant breeder was lucky...how mutch is it for just 1 of her rabbits?

Keep us posted on your angora adventure. Having good bloodlines is half the job. The other half is the decisions by breeder on what to keep for breeding.

I've sat with Betty Chu at shows and we've discussed a lot about rabbits.

Be aware that Chu Angoras are bred to hold their coats for longer periods than regular English, so plan on shearing them, not plucking.

Have a joyful day!
Franco Rios

__________ Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:20 pm __________

dark.lapin":jz6eozqt said:
woah and to think I thought finding a master flemish giant breeder was lucky...how much is it for just 1 of her rabbits?

I saw Betty sell a junior doe at a show for $500.

A breeding pair would be correspondingly higher.

Betty does have a high expense level to support, since she shows at three or fours rabbit shows per month. Add Angora National and ARBA National Show which usually involves air fares. Plus hotels and food and entry fees.

Her rabbits usually win Best In Show at regular shows and wins Best Of Breed at Nationals.

An angora rabbit can generate $100 a year in wool sales so there is that income as well.

Have a good day!
Franco Rios

WoW... Those are some expensive buns! Never heard of such a thing. LOL!
Congrats on having the chance to get a "betty" line. Hope it works out for ya!

Yea she paid like $450 for the JR doe and $650 for the 2 year old buck. He alredy has his Grandchampion but has never bred before so this fall she is going to start putting him in with the does. I can not wait till next year I am going to breed one of my doe to him around Feb.

Back